Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

James McPake has been out most of the season due to a back injury and will not be getting a new deal at Hibs. Too big a risk or the "Heid the Baw" centre half we have been crying out for since the departure of Cuthbert?!?!

This, and also not very good, in my view.

On Liam Craig, he is a good player who has been dragged down to Hibs level this season, but would be costly.

In the news today that Hemmings is off to the US MLS for a trial with Orlando. Hearts and Dundee supposedly interested as well.

Heard that Killie are now interested in the lad Kane Hemmings.

If the MLS deal doesn't go through I'd be happy with taking a punt on him.

Suspect Williams would be asking for too much. I'd take Craig. Going to Hibs was just the wrong move for him and was constantly played out of position. McPake and Cairney? No thanks.

I imagine Craig will be on the Johnnies radar. if he is, we won't be in with a shout. Sad, but true.

I imagine Craig will be on the Johnnies radar. if he is, we won't be in with a shout. Sad, but true.

Probably right. Seems the most likely scenario.

My mate, a Thistle fan, seems adamant Cregg is coming back to us. Says that Thistle are in for him too but he wants to come back here. He's usually good with scoops about Thistle but I don't think he's ever gotten anything right when it comes to us, so I doubt there's anything in it.

Probably right. Seems the most likely scenario.

My mate, a Thistle fan, seems adamant Cregg is coming back to us. Says that Thistle are in for him too but he wants to come back here. He's usually good with scoops about Thistle but I don't think he's ever gotten anything right when it comes to us, so I doubt there's anything in it.

I pray to god we're aiming higher than Paddy Cregg ....

Noticed that Craig isn't actually out of contract, he's just been told he's free to find another club. Hibs will be wanting some cash for him.

I don't think they'll be looking for a transfer fee,more a case of reducing their wage bill.

Lee Mair will most likely be linked with Hamilton as will Nigel Hasslebank.

Will be competing with County, Inverness, Thistle, Accies, Killie and Dundee for new signings in this league and it will be interesting to see how we compete against this lot in the transfer market. This will surely be our best chance ever ti finish in the top 6. We really need more firepower up front to assist Thomohawk.

It's going to be an interesting summer ahead for spfl clubs.

Aye, for all 42 Clubs.

Hopefully one will die and another will f*ck off tae England or wherever.

There was a news article around a week ago relating to Ben Williams who said that he was moving back to England when his contract expired. I think he was off regardless of whether they won or lost yesterday. I think that one is a Non Starter unless he has a change of heart.

There was a news article around a week ago relating to Ben Williams who said that he was moving back to England when his contract expired. I think he was off regardless of whether they won or lost yesterday. I think that one is a Non Starter unless he has a change of heart.

Ben Williams wife gave birth a few months ago so the heading back down south would seem to be right. Decent keeper but would probably be outwith our price range.

He would follow in the recent tradition of signing Ex Man Utd players hopefully he may do a little better than the last one!

I like Higdon. I really do. BUT. A big slow goalscorer. Where would we play him? Alongside our new captain? Drop Thommo? luxury backup given his probable salary level.

Big lazy goal scoring machine. Got lots of abuse when he was with us

The bold areas say it all - goalscorers are worth their (considerable in Higgy's case) weight in gold at our level. Would take him back tomorrow.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

Noticed that Craig isn't actually out of contract, he's just been told he's free to find another club. Hibs will be wanting some cash for him.

More of a case he can move on if he finds club, unlike us who offer players cash to move out.

When are people going to realise that signing English players is a bad idea. Unless they are paid wages far in excess of their ability, they are always on the look out to return to their own country.

Anyway why sign players from Hibernian who were the worst team in the league this season, particularly when we were not far in front of them ?A complete turnaround in our playing staff is required if we are to make any kind of progress.

The fact that three of the traditionally most powerful teams in the country are absent means that we will never have a better chance to improve our dismal league placing next season.

I will not hold my breath for that to happen of course.