Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Paul McQuade / Robert Dunn standard of signing...

You really are a ray of sunshine. I'll never understand why, with a guy like this, you don't do the decent thing and at least give him a chance. Do you get your rocks off afterwards by gloating when you are able to say 'I told you so'. Some of you seem to take more pleasure in failure than success. We don't even know if he's coming but for God's sake, wrap up and just support the lad if he does.

You really are a ray of sunshine. I'll never understand why, with a guy like this, you don't do the decent thing and at least give him a chance. Do you get your rocks off afterwards by gloating when you are able to say 'I told you so'. Some of you seem to take more pleasure in failure than success. We don't even know if he's coming but for God's sake, wrap up and just support the lad if he does.

Indeed, we don't know if he's even coming... yet you want to shut down anyone having an opinion on the subject that disagrees with your own!

Wrap up and let others voice their opinion - that's what this forum is for!

Indeed, we don't know if he's even coming... yet you want to shut down anyone having an opinion on the subject that disagrees with your own!

Wrap up and let others voice their opinion - that's what this forum is for!

Try sticking your opinion where the sun don't shine and try supporting your team. You never give anyone a chance. If this boy or anyone else comes to the club, could you not shut it for long enough to see how he does. Look at all the talk about Darren McGregor at the minute. I can't remember who you were when he signed for us but I bet you had him written off from day one. How good might he have become without those two hellish injuries? But I think you've answered my question anyway. You see this forum as your avenue to becoming an 'I told you so' smartarse. That's obviously more important to you than supporting your team. But obviously you must have seen the boy play to have written him off already so possibly you have an advantage over me.

Try sticking your opinion where the sun don't shine and try supporting your team. You never give anyone a chance. If this boy or anyone else comes to the club, could you not shut it for long enough to see how he does. Look at all the talk about Darren McGregor at the minute. I can't remember who you were when he signed for us but I bet you had him written off from day one. How good might he have become without those two hellish injuries? But I think you've answered my question anyway. You see this forum as your avenue to becoming an 'I told you so' smartarse. That's obviously more important to you than supporting your team. But obviously you must have seen the boy play to have written him off already so possibly you have an advantage over me.

Deary me.

So its okay to abuse fellow buds on this forum - like you are doing just now - but you aren't allowed to voice an opinion and a guy who doesn't even play for the club?

I'll voice my opinion as much as I like - its what this forum is all about.

As for McGregor, when he signed I pointed out that he was injury prone and had missed most of the season prior to joining us with a hellish injury.

As always... I was proved correct!

The McGregor point isn’t even valid anyway. Indeed, I didn’t even mention my opinion on the abilities of McQuade or Dunn above.

McQuade and Dunn were lightweight ‘forwards’ without any goalscoring records of note and who weren’t youngsters.

My comparison is perfectly valid.

Please feel free to apologise to me Ricky. A PM will do if you’d prefer.

The McGregor point isn’t even valid anyway. Indeed, I didn’t even mention my opinion on the abilities of McQuade or Dunn above.

McQuade and Dunn were lightweight ‘forwards’ without any goalscoring records of note and who weren’t youngsters.

My comparison is perfectly valid.

Please feel free to apologise to me Ricky. A PM will do if you’d prefer.

I'll save Rick a Pm, you're a fanny. wink.png

Deary me.

So its okay to abuse fellow buds on this forum - like you are doing just now - but you aren't allowed to voice an opinion and a guy who doesn't even play for the club?

I'll voice my opinion as much as I like - its what this forum is all about.

As for McGregor, when he signed I pointed out that he was injury prone and had missed most of the season prior to joining us with a hellish injury.

As always... I was proved correct!

I've suggested you shut up. I've never suggested that anyone should be struck off although I came close with Perthshire. Oh! It's just struck me, maybe you were Perthshire in one of your previous incarnations. Anyway, I'm not doubting that you posted about McGregor when he signed so please remind me who you were at that time so I can look it up.

I can't for the life of me see why anyone should start to decry a new player to St.Mirren before he has kicked a ball unless he has previous or is known to whoever starts knocking automatically. Just tell me again why you feel the need to start criticising players you have never seen. Do you think that's reasonable behaviour? Even once it's generally accepted that we have made a mistake with a signing (and every club does) do you feel clever and good about your non-stop carping and saying what a clever boy/girl I've been? And your never ending 'I told you so!' F**king hip,hip,hooray.

Blair Spittal on his way from Queens Park?

Im not going to pretend that I know him well, but Blair only lives a few streets away from me and I'm also good friends with his cousin. Just having a Kick about where I'm from , he is easily the best player I've ever played against, some of the lads used to get applauded for touching the ball when he was on a run. this either says a lot about how good he is or how bad I am, probably a bit of both.

unfortunately his cousin isn't exactly football orientated but I will try and find out if the third club interested is indeed saints.

The McGregor point isn’t even valid anyway. Indeed, I didn’t even mention my opinion on the abilities of McQuade or Dunn above. McQuade and Dunn were lightweight ‘forwards’ without any goalscoring records of note and who weren’t youngsters. My comparison is perfectly valid. Please feel free to apologise to me Ricky. A PM will do if you’d prefer.

Shull has started a talking bollox thread, you would be a star turn.

Got to laugh at the panic merchants going about moaning about how we haven't signed anyone. Barely anyone has and won't until the window actually opens!

Quality always becomes available once the window opens and clubs start to announce which contracted players are free to find new clubs. There's no point in us jumping in and paying a premium to sign utter mediocrity/shite like Hamill, McPake & Thomson. We'll be in a better position than Dundee & Killie once the decent players actually become available as we won't have spunked part of our budget on the usual suspects.

Got to laugh at the panic merchants going about moaning about how we haven't signed anyone. Barely anyone has and won't until the window actually opens! Quality always becomes available once the window opens and clubs start to announce which contracted players are free to find new clubs. There's no point in us jumping in and paying a premium to sign utter mediocrity/shite like Hamill, McPake & Thomson. We'll be in a better position than Dundee & Killie once the decent players actually become available as we won't have spunked part of our budget on the usual suspects.

Remember the quality we brought in last season? Bahookie, Caprice, Grainger, Harkins to name a few, where are they now?

Remember the quality we brought in last season? Bahookie, Caprice, Grainger, Harkins to name a few, where are they now?

What has that got to do with anything?

Last season, we were operating under a different manager, with a different transfer policy than the current manager. Harkins, in particular, just highlights my point about not making any stupid mistakes early on. We'd signed him early, offering a substantially better contract than other clubs and that affected our ability to get the decent players when they became available.