Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Maybe I am in a minority but I would like to see Kelly played left midfield. I think he is an excellent attacking player. Having someone like Tess behind him would be OK for me. At home we can maybe give Wylde a game in from of or alongside Kelly but use Kelly's more defensive qualities away from home.

Maybe I am in a minority but I would like to see Kelly played left midfield. I think he is an excellent attacking player. Having someone like Tess behind him would be OK for me. At home we can maybe give Wylde a game in from of or alongside Kelly but use Kelly's more defensive qualities away from home.

I would be surprised if you weren't in the minority. Kelly is a no frills, nothing fancy left sided player with a good engine on him, which makes him ideal to be a full back and at a push a center half (I know he started off as a centre half but I think he has fully moulded into a left back). He isn't technically good enough to play left mid regularly.

Tesselaar knocked us back before because his value of himself (or his agents value of him) was more than ours was. If he has left killie , I doubt its because they have offered him less then he is on now which means he is looking for more again on top of our offer two years ago.

Apart from anything else, we are unusually sorted for left back already with Kelly and yaqub deputizing

A great player on his day, but surely too expensive.

Would also question his fitness in terms of injuries and stamina.

Pretty much this.

'Well supporters worship the guy, but even they felt it might be too much of a gamble to hold onto him given his recent injury issues and the fact that his best days are now behind him.

If he was willing to play for next to nothing, then fair enough, but I would imagine if that were the case, he would have stayed on at Motherwell in some capacity.

Our policy of signing big name players (and double named players) who have history of injury and are on a fast moving downward spiral has not exactly worked out in the past (or even the season just finished). McFadden has serious injury problems and low fitness levels allegedly. Leave him well alone.

Did KB not exercise his right to terminate his contract when they became newco along with Davis, Lafferty, Naismith and mcgregor

I think he wanted to stay with them then played a couple of 3rd division games for them, but he had a couple of stinkers and they terminated the contract.