Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I think we should give him a chance. Same deal as Marwood, one year with the option of a second. Also, I can't see his wage demands being too high considering he has just came from Livingston but I could be wrong.

I would certainly sign him up.

I, unlike others, have a lot of faith in McAusland, Kelly and Naismith and I'm sure they will be 3 of our back 4 next year.

We'd need 1 of Plummer, Yaqub, Williams and perhaps this guy or another signing to step up and be good enough.

Think we need to do better than cheesy for 1st choice center back if we want to avoid another relegation battle. Good for back up but if he's our best choice for cb next season we will be shipping a lot of goals

Think we need to do better than cheesy for 1st choice center back if we want to avoid another relegation battle. Good for back up but if he's our best choice for cb next season we will be shipping a lot of goals

Disagree with you there. The defence wasn't the problem last season, it was scoring goals we struggled with.

I'd prefer we used Thomas Reilly to signing Caldwell tbh. He isn't as bad as a lot of our supporters make out.

Thomas is a pretty good prospect I think. He seems to have added finishing to his game and if he can keep fit he'll be a big player.

Disagree with you there. The defence wasn't the problem last season, it was scoring goals we struggled with.

or midfield was full of center mids that would work there socks off to help the defence we lose an attacking threat by doing that plus cheesy distribution from the back needs improvement aswell

We had one of our best defensive finishes last season. We failed to score enough.

or midfield was full of center mids that would work there socks off to help the defence we lose an attacking threat by doing that plus cheesy distribution from the back needs improvement aswell

Spot on, Mcginn Goodwin and Newton mostly playing as defensive midfielder's leaving our attacking

options very limited, it was obvious Danny had little faith in the back 4.

I'd prefer we used Thomas Reilly to signing Caldwell tbh. He isn't as bad as a lot of our supporters make out.

I hope we don't sign Ross Caldwell but Reilly is that bad. He's not once came on and made an impact, when he's been brought on it's like going down to ten men. I'm not been harsh on the boy it's just my opinion but I just don't think he's good enough or ever will be.

Because we sacrificed a midfielder to protect our defence!

With a better defence that could have been an offensive midfielder leading to more goals!

Pish.

All top clubs in Europe have a defensive midfielder in place to protect their defence and some play with 2.....

Edited by davidg

Pish.

All top clubs in Europe have a defensive midfielder in place to protect their defence and some play with 2.....

Mcginn newton and goody in a midfield 5 all holding midfielders.

Your right a lot of teams play with 1 or 2 we had 3.

Edited by buddies1877

Because we sacrificed a midfielder to protect our defence!

With a better defence that could have been an offensive midfielder leading to more goals!

If we had scored loads of goals aswell as conceding loads... Would you say our problem was in attack?

Because we conceded relatively few and never scored enough, yet somehow that's our defences fault...

I hope we don't sign Ross Caldwell but Reilly is that bad. He's not once came on and made an impact, when he's been brought on it's like going down to ten men. I'm not been harsh on the boy it's just my opinion but I just don't think he's good enough or ever will be.

What about the time he came on and scored a vital goal against Motherwell?

Since then, he's had a bad injury and it's going to take a few more first team games until he gets back into the swing of things. To dismiss him as not good enough at this stage IS extremely harsh.