Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Son of Andy Smith. Had a bit of talent that could've been developed well with us, turned down a new deal though and is now on trial at Dumbarton after unsuccessful spells at East Fife and Morton.

Did he not sign for Kilmarnock after leaving us? Also had a bit of an attitude problem from what I remember, was there not an incident during the construction of the dome when the u20s were helping clear the area etc. - effectively being labourours for the day. Jack apparently said he was there to be a footballer and not a labourour and was the only one who refused to do it.

Did he not sign for Kilmarnock after leaving us? Also had a bit of an attitude problem from what I remember, was there not an incident during the construction of the dome when the u20s were helping clear the area etc. - effectively being labourours for the day. Jack apparently said he was there to be a footballer and not a labourour and was the only one who refused to do it.

Had a trial at Killie but didn't earn a deal. Just him and one other player refused to help out with the dome.

Don't get to see too many under 20 games. A small forward with blonde hair impressed me was easy to see he had a natural football brain. Anyone know who he is and is he still with us? The only problem I could see is his hight and build.

That would be Scullion, He reminds me of Gordon Strachan. He's on the current U20's web site as being here, others say he's released. So not sure. Looking at the List of players I think it is current as Brady and Dorrans are missing and McDonald and Brown are in it. But I could be wrong. Brady is definately released have not seen an official statement about Scullion.

Jack Smith ended up at East Fife.

Son of Andy Smith. Had a bit of talent that could've been developed well with us, turned down a new deal though and is now on trial at Dumbarton after unsuccessful spells at East Fife and Morton.

That would be Scullion, He reminds me of Gordon Strachan. He's on the current U20's web site as being here, others say he's released. So not sure. Looking at the List of players I think it is current as Brady and Dorrans are missing and McDonald and Brown are in it. But I could be wrong. Brady is definately released have not seen an official statement about Scullion.

Jon was released in the summer and has apparently gained a few pounds this summer. May struggle to get a decent club.

Wee man has so much skill, probably most skilful player at the club last season but probably lacks heart.

One thing that has always irritated me about Reilly is the extent to which he buggers about during warm ups. It doesn't reflect well on his attitude towards breaking into the team. I wouldn't judge him on that basis alone, of course.

What I would say, however, is that he was woefully off the pace and generally clueless when he came on during the cup game at QotS. An off-day, perhaps, but it didn't suggest much in the way of grounds for optimism.

spot on, all i seen him doing at the cup game was watching the ball fly over him instead of anticipating where it may go and running to that area, he looked lost, hope he has improved and can do a job for us

Jon was released in the summer and has apparently gained a few pounds this summer. May struggle to get a decent club.

Wee man has so much skill, probably most skilful player at the club last season but probably lacks heart.

He'll probably have a decent hairdo though.

Brace yourselves , more guaranteed signing news on the way :)

I believe Wed/Thu

News of 2 transfers this week. (Min)

Hope you are right, a couple of signings would set me up nicely for jetting off to turkey on Friday morning. :)

Brace yourselves , more guaranteed signing news on the way smile.png

I believe Wed/Thu

News of 2 transfers this week. (Min)

I'm braced.

I'm patient and still hopeful... but I have to say that although it would seem to be the modern way, I am of the mind that your squad should be in place by the time pre-season starts, giving the team a chance to gel and players to reach peak fitness at the same time.

We may well still bring in a few players, but this is starting to be alarmingly similar to last season when we ended up having a wretched pre-season and an even worse start to the season... with our manager saying the squad was aiming to peak a few weeks into the season!

I said then and I say again... we NEED to hit the ground running... we can NOT afford to give other teams the luxury of a head start!

I think a degree of concern bordering on anxiety is now wholly appropriate!

bag.gif

I'm braced.

I'm patient and still hopeful... but I have to say that although it would seem to be the modern way, I am of the mind that your squad should be in place by the time pre-season starts, giving the team a chance to gel and players to reach peak fitness at the same time.

We may well still bring in a few players, but this is starting to be alarmingly similar to last season when we ended up having a wretched pre-season and an even worse start to the season... with our manager saying the squad was aiming to peak a few weeks into the season!

I said then and I say again... we NEED to hit the ground running... we can NOT afford to give other teams the luxury of a head start!

I think a degree of concern bordering on anxiety is now wholly appropriate!

bag.gif

I would agree if it wasn't for the following info suggesting we are no worse off than other SPL teams at this stage:

Aberdeen (European campaign already underway) 4 signings and 11 players out

Celtic: 1 player in (goalkeeper who has been out injured for 2 years) - 6 players out

Dundee: 9 in and 14 out

Dundee United: 3 in and 12 out

Hamilton: 5 in and 4 out

Inverness: 0 in and 2 out

Killie: 3 in and 12 out (including losing Kris Boyd)

Motherwell: 3 in and 4 out

Partick Thistle: 1 in and 12 out

Ross County: 4 in and 12 out

St Johnstone: 0 in and 7 out

Us: 3 in and 9 out

Realistically I think the teams who will be in or around the bottom 6 this year are ourselves, Killie, Ross County, ICT, St Johnstone, Partick, Hamilton and Dundee. Hamilton and Dundee probably have the most work to do to convert their squad up to SPL standard. Killie have to replace Boyd. The SPL as a whole seems to struggle to get players in early. Even our teams in Europe (Celtic, Aberdeen, Motherwell and St Johnstone) with earlier starts to their season haven't made many moves in this window yet. It is no surprise that the clubs who narrowly avoided the relegation play off spot are the ones changing their squads the most and also finding it hard to attract new faces in early on.

Edited by Dibbles old paperboy

Fact or wishful thinking.

Fact.

Led to believe we will not be pursuing our interest in one of the trial guys though.

The news is inbound .

Maximum I believe to leave seems to be 2 (possible) but 1 likely , yes I know that's a bit vague. The inbound news will be received first , only way I believe that will change is if 1 of 2 clubs pushes through it's interest.Outbound shouldn't be this week though.

Of course none of us know anything for sure and we can only pass on what we hear etc but I think I can safely say the above.