Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Riley was poor last season, I wouldn't write him off as a failure though.

He could and perhaps will come good next season. Just like Caldwell.

How many times have you seen caldwell ? zero,judging by your comments on the player.He wont be "coming good" he is total shite.I know you consider yourself an expert on everything but maybe you should keep quiet for once if you havent even watched the player in question,ive seen him about a dozen times,stands out for the wrong reasons

How many times have you seen caldwell ? zero,judging by your comments on the player.He wont be "coming good" he is total shite.I know you consider yourself an expert on everything but maybe you should keep quiet for once if you havent even watched the player in question,ive seen him about a dozen times,stands out for the wrong reasons

lol.gif

Three games too many.I dont have an issue with being young,i have an issue with him being pish

Funny that, I spoke to a member of staff from our training complex a few weeks ago and his

very words were.... the fans don't realise how good a player young Reilly is he sticks out like

a sore thumb in training and the club has really high hopes for him, but admitted he needs to

mature and bulk up slightly, also David Longwell wasn't happy about the amount of game time

he got last season.

lets not be too quick in writing the kid off, he's only 19 and an underdeveloped one at that,

so FFS lets all give the boy a chance...

Could not agree more Scrappy. In a few first team games he's been absent in others he's been good. Not any different from McGowan or Harkins or Newton or Mclean for that matter.

What he clearly needs is game time. As stated above he did come back from a year long injury off the pace and it took him a while to get up to pace. He finnished the season looking superb in the U20's and scored some outstanding goals. (Get them up on the acadamy page bozzers)

Still not the finnished article. Incidently he got his first team debut before McGinn even though he's the same age, what does that tell you.

TBH, with the route we (and other SPL clubs) seem to be going down, I don't think we can afford to let our more "senior" youngsters to go out on loan, as they will be the back up for any injuries to our first choice players.

IMO you'd be looking at Thompson and Marwood as our first picks, with Reilly and another as yet unsigned player as back up.

Edited by FTOF

So we have a young 20 year old player on trial, he was freed by Hibs and for this reason some forum members have made up their minds and written him off as useless. I seem to remember many similar comments about the boy Wotherspoon when he was freed by Hibs. He then got a gig with St Johnstone and had a fabulous season, it is possible for young players to mature and then flourish at another club.

At least give the lad a chance in pre season games before making a judgement.

I can remember a young guy we signed, after being released by Hibs, called Broadfoot. Within 4 years he was team captain and went on to play for Scotland. That worked out ok for us. smile.png

That was when we were a poor team in the first division and picking up decent young players for nothing was our only hope. I would think we are now a more attractive proposition to the more experienced players who are available ?

David Clarkson was on trial with his old club Motherwell, but they have declined to offer him a deal.

28 year old striker, has won 2 Scotland caps, has 49 goals at SPL level and is looking for a club in Scotland.

Worth a look surely.

David Clarkson was on trial with his old club Motherwell, but they have declined to offer him a deal.

28 year old striker, has won 2 Scotland caps, has 49 goals at SPL level and is looking for a club in Scotland.

Worth a look surely.

Was on the bench for Killie yesterday, apparently.

The reason he was not offered a deal is probably more to do with finance. If he falls within our budget he is certainly worth looking at. His fitness levels should be ok given he has done an early pre season.

Can't imagine he's in a position to ask for that much. He's just been released by Bristol Rovers, a team who have just been relegated to the conference. Would be surprised if he was out of our price range.

Can't imagine he's in a position to ask for that much. He's just been released by Bristol Rovers, a team who have just been relegated to the conference. Would be surprised if he was out of our price range.

Why? League Two and top Conference clubs are capable of paying more than we do.