Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Yeah, it's a shite situation.

I buy it every day, just for the Saints stuff.

Does The Buteman not report on The Saints?whistling.gif

You would not think there is a daily paper worse than the PDE , well the Buteman is once a week not more than three pages thick so the PDE is not too bad all. My wife reads it back to front which is quite amusing when you see what's in it.

You would not think there is a daily paper worse than the PDE , well the Buteman is once a week not more than three pages thick so the PDE is not too bad all. My wife reads it back to front which is quite amusing when you see what's in it.

Is she oriental or just into sport?

How thin is the squad? I always think a good test is to take out 6 important players and see if we could still field a competitive side.

So take out, Kello, McAusland, Goodwin, McLean, Teale and Thompson.

We could field:

Ridgers

Kelly

Williams

Plummer

Naismith

Hughes

Wylde

McGinn

Brown

Marwood

Caldwell

with Yaqub and Reilly spare.

To my mind that team is ok but lacks experience. We need a minimum of two additional players. Another central defender (to replace either Williams or Plummer) and another midfielder (to replace either Hughes or Brown).

Based on the trialist and the talk about the extra Man City loanee in the passed couple of weeks, it seems that the club feels exactly the same way.

The fact you list Cheesy as an important player for us says it all for me

Not living in Paisley anymore and working away used to read PDE online which was always good for keeping up with things St Mirren. Now the daily record owns the PDE and when you click on sport it just takes you to the Daily Record sports page. Its terrible and sorely missed by me anyway.

It has very little connection with Paisley these days, they just seem to lift what's on websites and tart it up and present it as their news, in fact you can read the "best " bits in the Record the following day

Fcuks sake, the PDE must be REALLY bad. lol.gif

the P.D.E. IS WORSE THAN PRAVDA every day is aboot the saints young boy boys , this is a forum i am not a knicker weter i have my opinion we will not stay in the S.P.L. by relying on young boys, so cmon the board support the fans the way we support the team

the P.D.E. IS WORSE THAN PRAVDA every day is aboot the saints young boy boys , this is a forum i am not a knicker weter i have my opinion we will not stay in the S.P.L. by relying on young boys, so cmon the board support the fans the way we support the team

Is that all of the team, by all of the supporters. I think not.

All the hate directed towards McAusland on here and Facebook is out of order. Completely out of order. Have a word with yourselves.

All the hate directed towards McAusland on here and Facebook is out of order. Completely out of order. Have a word with yourselves.

Sometimes I'm ashamed by a section of our support. Good clubs should be ( are ) like a family. It's about supporting the team and encouraging which breeds confidence which is a great trait in a young team.

Cheesy is a cup hero and a die hard fan of the club if anyone is going to try their best it's him. Feel for that boy he is under sever pressure given his fathers roll at the club. I know 10,000% his father has no influence what so ever in his sons roll as a player.

His goal to game ratio is as good as Billy McKay had before joining ICT. I bet many of us had never heard of Billy McKay.

He is a good age and has a lot to prove. Seems like his career has been hampered by injuries. I'd rather take a chance on a young tall striker who has played in the English Championship than Imrie or Harkins.

Well let's hope you're right if we take a gamble. I agree on the later part

His goal to game ratio is as good as Billy McKay had before joining ICT. I bet many of us had never heard of Billy McKay.

He is a good age and has a lot to prove. Seems like his career has been hampered by injuries. I'd rather take a chance on a young tall striker who has played in the English Championship than Imrie or Harkins.

He is only on trial too... so if he is signed I would guess he impressed the coaching staff and that'd be good enough for me !

Billy who.............

TC in the Sunday Mail, saying that Ball will be given another chance to impress and that he has not been doing any full time pre-season training.

You could certainly tell. Might be a decent option to have from the bench, neither Marwood or Caldwell offer that physical presence.