Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Can you quote me where i have personally abused Mr Murray..? This could take some time.

You've made it quite clear that you didn't want Ian Murray, which in fairness is your right to express an opinion. The problem being for some is that you now seem to have gone well over the top in your criticism of the man before he's even been given a chance to put his stamp on the team as of yet.

Give the man a chance.

Missing the point big time, and i see you have subscribed to BAWA clique online abuse club (what is it with people who think they can call people they don't know anything from behind the safety of a keyboard?)

Anyway the point is Motherwell have come out and detailed every player leaving but more importantly have made offers to those out of contract, and offered extensions to some more. Our position is much more pressing as any player who has had to take a 50% drop in wages following relegation can as part of that clause simply walk away to a better offer no fee attached. We are sleep walking to oblivion, and might well by default be fielding the youngest squad in the league?

Maybe thats a good thing? But it almost confirms we will not be back up next season as a young squad will need time to develop in a league with Hibs, Sevco, QoS etc...

Yes, Motherwell release players, offer contracts etc but they still have to replace many of them. Barraclough is not on holiday, Murray is. Barraclough will still be entitled to a holiday at some point despite having to wheel and deal with bringing in a substantial number if players. I am sure our manager has a good idea who he wants to bring in plus he will run the rule over those still under contract and renegotiate with those out of contract that he may wish to keep. Keep the faith and give our new man time to do his job.

Missing the point big time, and i see you have subscribed to BAWA clique online abuse club (what is it with people who think they can call people they don't know anything from behind the safety of a keyboard?)

Anyway the point is Motherwell have come out and detailed every player leaving but more importantly have made offers to those out of contract, and offered extensions to some more. Our position is much more pressing as any player who has had to take a 50% drop in wages following relegation can as part of that clause simply walk away to a better offer no fee attached. We are sleep walking to oblivion, and might well by default be fielding the youngest squad in the league?

Maybe thats a good thing? But it almost confirms we will not be back up next season as a young squad will need time to develop in a league with Hibs, Sevco, QoS etc...

Wasn't aware that you knew so much about players contracts. I know Thommo mentioned some people had a clause saying their wages would reduce, but wasn't aware that it applied to everyone and included a walk away clause. Surprised that it's public knowledge.

The way I read it, we are very much in line with what Motherwell have done. We have released players and we have offered contracts to others (assuming those who's contracts are up but weren't on the list on Friday were offered new ones), so I really do not get your point.

Sleep walking to oblivion? I would hardly call the current situation that.

You've made it quite clear that you didn't want Ian Murray, which in fairness is your right to express an opinion. The problem being for some is that you now seem to have gone well over the top in your criticism of the man before he's even been given a chance to put his stamp on the team as of yet.

Give the man a chance.

Yes, Motherwell release players, offer contracts etc but they still have to replace many of them. Barraclough is not on holiday, Murray is. Barraclough will still be entitled to a holiday at some point despite having to wheel and deal with bringing in a substantial number if players. I am sure our manager has a good idea who he wants to bring in plus he will run the rule over those still under contract and renegotiate with those out of contract that he may wish to keep. Keep the faith and give our new man time to do his job.

Wasn't aware that you knew so much about players contracts. I know Thommo mentioned some people had a clause saying their wages would reduce, but wasn't aware that it applied to everyone and included a walk away clause. Surprised that it's public knowledge.

The way I read it, we are very much in line with what Motherwell have done. We have released players and we have offered contracts to others (assuming those who's contracts are up but weren't on the list on Friday were offered new ones), so I really do not get your point.

Sleep walking to oblivion? I would hardly call the current situation that.

The point is Motherwell and most other clubs have made their offers. We haven't otherwise we would hear who has accepted and who hasn't, and who is mulling it over.

The contract clause is well known, and really straight forward in that with any job if an employer makes a substantial change to the terms of the contract you can reject it, and leave without notice. That is my fear that players will walk because Dundee, Thistle, Hibs, Killie etc... Offer more than we might before the manager gets round to sorting it.

Dearie me.

You really do come across as a very sad, bitter little man.

You can almost sense the tears dropping onto his keyboard.

I think his mummy needs to put his dummy back in.

I can't decide which one of his aliases is most pathetic though.unsure.png

The point is Motherwell and most other clubs have made their offers. We haven't otherwise we would hear who has accepted and who hasn't, and who is mulling it over.

The contract clause is well known, and really straight forward in that with any job if an employer makes a substantial change to the terms of the contract you can reject it, and leave without notice. That is my fear that players will walk because Dundee, Thistle, Hibs, Killie etc... Offer more than we might before the manager gets round to sorting it.

You like the rest of us do not know when players contracts expire or whether they have already been offered terms and are mulling them over.

Also in terms of the players with contracts that are due to expire, their situation is no different to what it was 6 months ago. Under the Bosman ruling they were free to leave the club and sign precontract agreements with another club. Obviously they haven't possibly due to the fact they want to stay at the club.

Maybe the manager should have sorted it out 6 months ago.

You like the rest of us do not know when players contracts expire or whether they have already been offered terms and are mulling them over.

Also in terms of the players with contracts that are due to expire, their situation is no different to what it was 6 months ago. Under the Bosman ruling they were free to leave the club and sign precontract agreements with another club. Obviously they haven't possibly due to the fact they want to stay at the club.

Maybe the manager should have sorted it out 6 months ago.

Surely players contracts are up at the May? Would be madness to pay players in June when there's no matches...?

I was expecting to have heard more news on the out of contract players this week to be honest, surprised we've heard nothing.

How do you know what 'most other clubs' have done in respect of offers etc? We know what Motherwell have done as they posted it yesterday but very little has been published as to what 'most other' clubs have done or doing. Hibs have freed players or not offering a new contract and Plastics and RC have released players. So have we. If there is nothing forthcoming by end of June then I will get a bit concerned but it is only 3 Jun so let's wait and see. BTW, our previous managers struggled to get quality in while in the SPL, so it won't be any easier being in a lower league and reduced wages. It is one thing to want certain players and another if they don't want to come to us when they can get a better offer elsewhere.

Surely players contracts are up at the May? Would be madness to pay players in June when there's no matches...?

I was expecting to have heard more news on the out of contract players this week to be honest, surprised we've heard nothing.

If you were a player you would surely push for you contract to extend to the end of June to allow you to put your house in order before joining another club. It all comes down to the contract negotiations of the individuals. Irrespective of that players can start to talk to other clubs from 6 months prior to the end of their contract.

All we know is that certain players have been told the club will not be offering them new terms. There was no comment on the others. Make if that what you wish.

If you were a player you would surely push for you contract to extend to the end of June to allow you to put your house in order before joining another club. It all comes down to the contract negotiations of the individuals. Irrespective of that players can start to talk to other clubs from 6 months prior to the end of their contract.

All we know is that certain players have been told the club will not be offering them new terms. There was no comment on the others. Make if that what you wish.

I would be amazed if any players contracts ran to the end of June. Why would the clubs agree to that? It's hardly much of a bargaining chip and makes no economic sense when the clubs income is very low due to no matches ever being played in the month.

Yes I know what we've been told. I would assume that we had offered deals to the rest who aren't mentioned... But to name but one omission Genev? Who's utterly hopeless and hasn't played since April? Wylde?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I had it in my head that Danny and Gus always had the vast majority of out of contract players sorted one way or the other by the end of May.

How do you know what 'most other clubs' have done in respect of offers etc? We know what Motherwell have done as they posted it yesterday but very little has been published as to what 'most other' clubs have done or doing. Hibs have freed players or not offering a new contract and Plastics and RC have released players. So have we. If there is nothing forthcoming by end of June then I will get a bit concerned but it is only 3 Jun so let's wait and see. BTW, our previous managers struggled to get quality in while in the SPL, so it won't be any easier being in a lower league and reduced wages. It is one thing to want certain players and another if they don't want to come to us when they can get a better offer elsewhere.

Look on the BBC sport website, there are clubs across all the leagues putting their house in order. But not ours!

Look on the BBC sport website, there are clubs across all the leagues putting their house in order. But not ours!

There are a handful of clubs signing one or two players or releasing them. All over the leagues? Remember, most clubs have had their manager in place from last season. Ours has just taken over and will do his job to bring players to strengthen our squad. Can you tell me what's going on re contracts and new additions at Falkirk, Morton, Rangers, Livingston, Alloa and Raith? From what I read, very little has happened re new players but, like you, I have no idea what is happening internally within those who will be challenging us next season.t

I would be amazed if any players contracts ran to the end of June. Why would the clubs agree to that? It's hardly much of a bargaining chip and makes no economic sense when the clubs income is very low due to no matches ever being played in the month.

Yes I know what we've been told. I would assume that we had offered deals to the rest who aren't mentioned... But to name but one omission Genev? Who's utterly hopeless and hasn't played since April? Wylde?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I had it in my head that Danny and Gus always had the vast majority of out of contract players sorted one way or the other by the end of May.

Quick look on the PFA website has all players contract expiring 30th June 2015

Pretty sure the reason players contracts expire in June is due to the fact that the Transfer windows opens in June and they have signed 12 month contracts. Likewise withe the January transfer window and 6 month contracts

Fit Carey good. Fat Carey bad.

All depends which one we sign. His contract should be weighted accordingly.

Carey played some games at LWB when Dummett was in between loan spells at the club and he played really well. So well, that he was unfortunate to miss out on a starting place for the LC final after his performance in the semi final against Celtic.

So I'd sign him for that position and move Sean Kelly to CB.

I see what you did there Slash......Very subtle....but also true. If Carey comes he needs to be fit all of the time.

Pretty sure the reason players contracts expire in June is due to the fact that the Transfer windows opens in June and they have signed 12 month contracts. Likewise withe the January transfer window and 6 month contracts

So how come we release players in May then? Are we paying them off by mutual consent? How come the club doesn't say that then?

Also, hardly any of the players in question were signed in June.

Fit Carey good. Fat Carey bad.

All depends which one we sign. His contract should be weighted accordingly.

Carey played some games at LWB when Dummett was in between loan spells at the club and he played really well. So well, that he was unfortunate to miss out on a starting place for the LC final after his performance in the semi final against Celtic.

So I'd sign him for that position and move Sean Kelly to CB.

He also had some very poor games for us at LB, let's not forget. Easter Road in particular at the end of the his last season with us. All 3 goals came down his side, Danny dropped him for the next game, never played him again and then released him.

I do think Carey would be a decent enough signing for the Championship, but he's hardly going to be the saviour some here would have you believe. We are talking about a 26 year old guy here who's never really established himself in the first team at any club he's been at, and has been released by 2 bottom 6 teams in the last 3 seasons.