Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

No surprise.

Was surprised that so many of our fans thought we had a chance of getting him.

Don't think it's too over the top to think we had a chance.

He had a great start at Dundee (8 in 8) but then only scored one more goal the rest of the season and spent a lot of time on the bench. I'd be surprised if any other SPL club was in for him apart from Well.

Could have possibly been a good signing , could have been mince .

Did his goals not dry up after that goal streak ?

I'd prefer to see an injection of pace in the forward area next season .

Every year we try to sign someone with pace and we end up with duds like Lewis Guy!

All i want is a striker that can give us 15-20 goals a year. Fast or slow, big or small just give us a striker that will be in the right place at the right time.

Unfortunately for us so do every other team AG.

Very true! I dont feel that we really need a pacey striker TBH as i cant see us playing 2 upfront with the amount of young midfielders. IMO we should have a striker that can hold up the ball and let the young boys and wingers overlap

Very true! I dont feel that we really need a pacey striker TBH as i cant see us playing 2 upfront with the amount of young midfielders. IMO we should have a striker that can hold up the ball and let the young boys and wingers overlap

Spot on.

Sadlier next to sign up hopefully.

Unlikely given what he's just told div on Twitter:

Kieran Sadlier@KieranSadlier 2m2 minutes ago

@bawarmy unfortunately I'm not returning but I'd like to thank you all for last season, a great club with a great set of fans!

Pity, I'd far rather have him than Gow.

Agreed that is a blow, and a surprising one at that.

Thought he'd have been interested in playing for us as I can't see him getting much better elsewhere.

Oh well, onwards we go.

Unlikely given what he's just told div on Twitter:

@bawarmy unfortunately I'm not returning but I'd like to thank you all for last season, a great club with a great set of fans!

Pity, I'd far rather have him than Gow.

Ach!

That's awful

I was looking forward to seeing him develop into a great talent..

I liked what I saw... :(

Gow has similar potential but HE should have reached it by now. I liked him, too.

Agreed that is a blow, and a surprising one at that.

Thought he'd have been interested in playing for us as I can't see him getting much better elsewhere.

Oh well, onwards we go.

To be honest the only good things about him were his age and the very nice man who posted on the board from West Ham (might have been his dad) other than that no better than what we have in the youth (Morgan McLair)

To be honest the only good things about him were his age and the very nice man who posted on the board from West Ham (might have been his dad) other than that no better than what we have in the youth (Morgan McLair)

Yeah I agree with most of that. Like Morgan and McLear though, I thought he could have been asset next season.

Will never know though.

Yeah I agree with most of that. Like Morgan and McLear though, I thought he could have been asset next season.

Will never know though.

I think Morgan has the potential to do very well in the Championship as pace will always be an asset in that league, needs to work on composure tho.

Assuming Murray or Spalding will be at Broadwood today as there's a special game between two teams of out of contract players. Gary Miller, who was at St Johnstone, is one of them and might be worth a punt. Can play right back or centre-half.

Edited by Stu

Assuming Murray or Spalding will be at Broadwood today as there's a special game between two teams of out of contract players. Gary Miller, who was at St Johnstone, is one of them and might be worth a punt. Can play right back or centre-half.

I hope so

Talks of youngsters will have to step up to the mark and David Barron on trial

I'm starting to get a bad feeling like last summer