Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Apparently we've got seven trialists training with us at present, according to IM in the PDEX.

Saunders, Barron, Reilly and the boy from Lothian amateurs are four of them.

Chris Kane?

Unless he's playing for free there's surely no chance Reilly is getting a contract. Putting aside views on his ability I can't see where he fits into the squad. The unidentified black player you mentioned earlier in the week will probably be one of the other trialists and there was a tallish guy with not much hair I didn't recognise in one of the pictures in the system.

Chris Kane would be terrific but can't see it happening.

Unless he's playing for free there's surely no chance Reilly is getting a contract. Putting aside views on his ability I can't see where he fits into the squad. The unidentified black player you mentioned earlier in the week will probably be one of the other trialists and there was a tallish guy with not much hair I didn't recognise in one of the pictures in the system.

Chris Kane would be terrific but can't see it happening.

Well there must be a chance he's getting a contract or he wouldn't still be on trial...?

The advantage of Reilly is he can play several positions - indeed he had a couple of decent performances in the midfield at the end of last season - and (more importantly) he will be cheap as chips.

Murray said he was looking to bring in 5 or 6, maybe 7 at a push. Since then he's signed 2.

So it's now 3 or 4, maybe 5 at a push. Goalie, left back, defender who can play right back and centre back, left mid and wouldn't be surprised if Reilly is the 5th.

Edited by TopCat

The trialist who everyone keeps speculating about is not Daniel Akindayni Or Ibra Sekajia. He is a foreign defender who can play at Centre-Back

It was you that first told us it was that Akindanyi fella to be fair :lol:

Of course he's just been signed on a 2 year deal by Brighton, so yeah, wasn't him.

Cardle's one of those players who's done really well in the Championship and failed in the top flight.

Could do worse.

He's on trial with the Pars, scored for them today against East Fife.

They seem pretty confident he'll sign a years deal.

I thought he looked very poor playing against us towards the end of the season. I would much prefer a couple of younger forwards with some pace preferably.

So poor that he scored the 87th minute winner against us in March.