Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

You are a manager with a very limited budget, You already have a good right back in place around the same age, who has Premiership experience.

Nobody is going to tell me that this was a bad decision by Murray, IMHO he did exactly the right thing.

This was unfortunate for Rooney who if we had not had Naismith would have been signed, of that I have no doubt.

Circumstances have gone against us recently with Naismiths injury but hindsight is a wonderful thing and as the club and manager have already stated cover for positions will be mainly provided by u-20s coming through.

Edited by ADMITCHELL

You are a manager with a very limited budget, You already have a good right back in place around the same age, who has Premiership experience.

Nobody is going to tell me that this was a bad decision by Murray, IMHO he did exatcly the right thing.

This was unfortunate for Rooney who if we had not had Naismith would have been signed, of that I have no doubt.

Circumstances have gone against us recently with Naismiths injury but hindsight is a wonderful thing and as the club and manager have already stated cover for positions will be mainly provided by u-20s coming through.

Can't argue with this.

Nobody is going to tell me that this was a bad decision by Murray, IMHO he did exactly the right thing.

It undoubtedly WAS a bad decision. Certainly many posters on here were decrying the lack of competent cover at right back if Naisy did get injured or suspended.

Rooney would have allegedly considered an U20 deal a means to getting his foot in the door at a full time club if it was offered to him and could have therefore fit the bill as backup in terms of the U20 squad.

Edited by djchapsticks

So according to some posters Cuddihy is not competent, based on what exactly, he gave away a soft penalty, well so did one of our most experienced players last night, so whats the difference.

These same posters would no doubt tell us that we don't have adeqaute or competent cover for any of our first team positions.

The reality is that the squad is thin especially defensively and we will rely on under-20s for cover, both covering right back and left back seem to have done OK so far.

We don't know if Rooney would have accepted an under-20s contract as he was never offered one allegedly.

To use part of your budget on a position where we seem reasonably covered if Naismith stays fit would seem like madness given the other areas that desperately need/needed attention. i.e. goalkeeping,central defence and attack.

Talking common sense doesn't go down too well with some of our readers. If only we had a big budget.

So according to some posters Cuddihy is not competent, based on what exactly, he gave away a soft penalty, well so did one of our most experienced players last night, so whats the difference.

Is Cuddihy a natural right back? He certainly was never mentioned on here as possible cover all through pre-season.

I don't know if Rooney would have accepted a development deal. If you go on the guy who works with him though, he would have considered it and that's what I said.

Edited by djchapsticks

Is Cuddihy a natural right back? He certainly was never mentioned on here as possible cover all through pre-season.

The fact that it was never mentioned on this forum is irrelevant! :lol:

As for being a "natural right back", it I possible for players to be able to play in more than 1 position!

Iain Munro started at St.Mirren as a midfielder and played for Hibs and Rangers before going onto become an international full back in his second spell at Love Street!

From the Scotsman this morning .......

Hearts eye move for Spiders starlet

HEARTS are weighing up a move for Queens Park youngster Shaun Rooney.

The 18-year-old has been on trial with the Jambos and has reportedly impressed. He ran the show for the Hearts Under-20s in Tuesday night’s match against Kilmarnock.

And now Hearts look set to offer Rooney the same route to the top flight as taken by Aidan Connolly, Blair Spittal, Lawrence Shankland and Andy Robertson - who all started out at Queens Park.

Embarrassing for Murray if he signs for Hearts, a real opportunity missed.

These same posters would no doubt tell us that we don't have adeqaute or competent cover for any of our first team positions.

The reality is that the squad is thin especially defensively and we will rely on under-20s for cover, both covering right back and left back seem to have done OK so far.

We don't know if Rooney would have accepted an under-20s contract as he was never offered one allegedly.

To use part of your budget on a position where we seem reasonably covered if Naismith stays fit would seem like madness given the other areas that desperately need/needed attention. i.e. goalkeeping,central defence and attack.

Cuddihy failed to prevent the cross ball that led to the penalty that wasn't last night. That said after that he played pretty well considering the opposition.

Absolutely spot on.

We need defenders he wouldn't of cost much.

Murray has taken for granted that naisy will be fit for the full season.

And you say why waste his budget on him when we have naisy right back the boy can play centre half as well young with potential to sell on if Murray was that much tight on his budget why sign on gow? I'd much rather have Rooney here than him

Possibly because the last thing we needed at the time was another inexperienced defender.

People are great at looking at the situation now rather than what it was at the time.

I think Rooney would have been an ok addition to the squad but given the fact that we were probably looking for experience in defence he wasn't the right choice at the time.

If we are that desperate for a right back who hasn't played at this level perhaps we should offer a fulltime contract now given that other clubs seem to be offering u20 deals if at all.

Its unfortunate but no manager can expect that a young regular starter would be out for the entire season.

Cuddihy is young he isn't ready for championship football

Rooney is young and was last at Queen's Park. How that makes him more suitable than Cuddihy is beyond me. We are falling over Rooney because someone on here knows him. Cuddihy had a very good game last night, certainly no worse than Goodwin, Mallan or Gow. Edited by TsuMirren

Rooney is young and was last at Queen's Park. How that makes him more suitable than Cuddihy is beyond me. We are falling over Rooney because someone on here knows him. Cuddihy hae a very good game last night, certainly no worse than Goodwin, Mallan or Gow.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. The way some people are banging on about Rooney you'd think he was Matteo Darmian.

In the real world, he's an 18 year old kid who's never kicked a ball at full time level. To suggest he's the answer to our defensive woes is a bit out there.

Have to admit, Cuddihy last night had a very decent game. This was good experience for him after been thrown in at the deep end at the weekend. He could well do a job at right back, but to less effect than Jason, who brings a lot down that channel going forward.

He was getting forward well last night. May not have the final ball every time, but can we really say even Jason did. There's certainly been more positives than negatives, but we do need a right back in with games at a decent level under his belt.

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. The way some people are banging on about Rooney you'd think he was Matteo Darmian.

In the real world, he's an 18 year old kid who's never kicked a ball at full time level. To suggest he's the answer to our defensive woes is a bit out there.

Who? :P

Agreed though on Rooney.

A very young player (Rooney) was on the park for 15 minutes and somehow he's been turned into the next Dani Alves.

I'd rather we concentrated on developing our own defenders like Stewart and Cuddihy, who by all accounts played very well last night, for 90 minutes.

By all means express regret that we might, and t's a big might, have missed out on a decent player, but the fawning over his potential ability is just fúcking nonsensical..

Edited by FTOF

A very young player (Rooney) was on the park for 15 minutes and somehow he's been turned into the next Dani Alves.

I'd rather we concentrated on developing our own defenders like Stewart and Cuddihy, who by all accounts played very well last night, for 90 minutes.

By all means express regret that we might, and t's a big might, have missed out on a decent player, but the fawning over his potential abilityis just fúcking nonsensical..

It's always the same nonsense replies who posted he's the next alves. If we signed Rooney he would of been one of our own players to bring through where is conlan is not our player and he's stopping Stewart in that case you make

Cuddihy is more like Van Zanten then Broadfoot or Naismith. I'm not saying don't sign Rooney, but our youth team is good and produces good talent. I'm certainly not too worried about him or Stewart provided there is some experience around them to help out. When Cuddihy conceded the penalty against Dumbarton he was a bit naive but he was left totally exposed, where were the "holding" midfielders