Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

If he was affordable, absolutely yes. One of very few positive signings from last season. A deal till the summer would benefit both parties. Still mathematically a chance of playoffs, so there is a challenge there for the player and there are still a few good opposition teams of good standard to test himself against.

He's not the type we need. We need to shore up the midfield to let the creative players play. The last thing we need is another creative midfielder. We need a bit of dig and bite to win the ball. He wouldn't give us what we currently need.

I see it mentioned shore up midfield and let our creative players play! Apart from obvious Mallan How many creative midfielders do you think we have? And where are they hiding lol, If there some one with quality, flair and ability to carve open defences and have fans on edge of seats get them in i say lol, we always seem to have our problem positions and be interesting to see where goodwin plays upon return if he does, the fact is board are gonna have to support rae maybe freeing up wages if it means offloading some which more than likely it will then ridgers leaving will help surely.

Eta, I am not saying we don't need to shore up middle as we do especially with carswell out now aswell as goodie not ready, board have to help

Edited by Mart-C87

Kevin Thomson leaves Dundee by mutual consent. Must have another club lined up.

Never been his biggest fan to be honest but is he better than Carswell? Yes he is.

He would do a job for any championship side, but can we afford to sign a player with his injury record.I'm not sure it would be worth the risk. Having said that some other team must be willing to sign him if he's agreed a deal to leave in this window.

Let's also not forget what a complete tool he is.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13156483.St_Mirren_2_Hibernian_0__Drama_and_a_crisis/

Yeah, I'll pass, thanks.

(Reading that report is upsetting, mind: first goal was McGinn to Thommo to McLean. Second goal was Goodwin to McLean to Gowser. How far we have fallen.)

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/13156483.St_Mirren_2_Hibernian_0__Drama_and_a_crisis/

Yeah, I'll pass, thanks.

(Reading that report is upsetting, mind: first goal was McGinn to Thommo to McLean. Second goal was Goodwin to McLean to Gowser. How far we have fallen.)

Goodwin... McLean... Gowser you say!

McGinn to Thommo you say.

Five regularly abused players we would kill for at their peak.

Here's a wee idea...

In future, when players go through a bad patch ... How about us trying to support them through it so that both parties benefit in the end?

(Gow excepted... He's a waste of a wage!)

I'll raise your gobshite with complete conman - despicable cheating for Goodwin's sending off plus other incidents throughout his career.

And don't forget the time he tried to do Gary Brady at Love St. but Brady saw it coming and nailed him first thumbup2.gif Weeks later he bitching in the papers about Brady doing him. Also the challenged he got sent off for at the cup final against us. He is nothing but a arsehole of a man.

Would love it if we're back in for Sutton, as was rumoured when Murray left. Queen of the South are supposedly interested in him as were Raith but that's been scuppered by the loan rules. Seems you can only have more than one under-21 loan player but I think that's at a time rather than over a season so having Craig Reid shouldn't mess us about on that front.

Doubt we would get Sutton. He is now getting a starting spot with the Fakes and they may be selling O'Halloran to TFKAR so doubt they would want to lose another striker. But you never know smile.png

It seems the Fakes want shot of him, although the O'Halloran thing could be a problem.

Time for an old transfer rumour favourite - Ryan Stevenson has been released by Thistle. Dunno if we can sign him given he's also played for Ayr.