Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Moving away from the rights and wrongs of posting speculation in the speculation thread, it's good to see that Alex has identified Jamie as the weak link.

I'm assuming that whoever this experienced keeper is will be going straight in the team if he signs.

Edited by TopCat

Moving away from the rights and wrongs of posting speculation in the speculation thread, it's good to see that Alex has identified Jamie as the weak link.

I'm assuming that whoever this experienced keeper is will be going straight in the team if he signs.

When did he say Jamie was the weak link? I though he said his priority was a centre half but negotiations broke down.

Langfield pulled off a vital save when we were 1-0 down on Saturday. That proved to be very important, as going 2-0 behind, with an increasingly restless home support, could have resulted in heads going down - as they have done all season when we've been up against it - and a very different outcome from the 90 minutes.

I also don't believe for one minute that Rae has even hinted that Langfield is 'the weak link'.

Langfield pulled off a vital save when we were 1-0 down on Saturday. That proved to be very important, as going 2-0 behind, with an increasingly restless home support, could have resulted in heads going down - as they have done all season when we've been up against it - and a very different outcome from the 90 minutes.

I also don't believe for one minute that Rae has even hinted that Langfield is 'the weak link'.

It was a vital save in the sense of the timing of it yes. Was hardly a wonder save though, it was a good height for him without much pace. He'd have looked really daft had he let that in. He has conceded from similar shots right enough, the home game against Rangers being one example.

Standard Jamie moment second half was when he kicked a ball without any pressure straight along the ground and out the pitch at the half way line, about 20 yards from the nearest Saints player. You get at least one of those from him every game, and more often than not he sells a soft goal too.

If Rae was happy with him as number one he wouldn't be looking at bringing in an experienced keeper who he's worked with down south. He certainly won't be signing someone like that to sit on the bench.

Edited by TopCat

Oh dear, i post something the manager said, and 2 of the usual suspects jump in as if i said it and start their childishness, they are pathetically mimicking their idol, "so i am not allowed to post ..... blah blah" I do not respect the view of "religion is saints" very much at all - but he got your number spot on and quite quickly.

• 1 month later...