Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I'd be very surprised if Shankland isn't put out on loan again.

If Aberdeen see a future for Shankland in their team and do want to loan him out then it would be better to loan him back to SMFC where he will be surrounded with familiar faces and be comfortable in his enviorment rather than loan him out to a different team where he has to start from scratch all over again

makes good sense for all 3 parties IMO

If Aberdeen see a future for Shankland in their team and do want to loan him out then it would be better to loan him back to SMFC where he will be surrounded with familiar faces and be comfortable in his enviorment rather than loan him out to a different team where he has to start from scratch all over again

makes good sense for all 3 parties IMO

I agree.

While there are many issues to be resolved around Shankland I think that as he's been with us for a season and has had pretty decent success would give us some advantage over other clubs.

Time will tell.

St. Johnstone did something similar with Stevie May.

He did well on loan at Alloa but they still weren't convinced.

Then, despite him only having a year on his contract left, they put on loan to Hamilton.

This allowed them to decide whether he had a chance in the top flight. If he failed then no loss. If he succeeded (as he did) then they could offer him a contract knowing that if anyone else signed him then they'd be due a development fee.

My guess is that Aberdeen may do something similar here.

If he's a major success at St. Mirren next season then they can make a decision on offering him a new contract. If he's not then its St. Mirren who have paid his wages.

I'd be disappointed if we lost out to Wrexham , surely we are a more attractive proposition to the guy than the 5th tier of English football?

I'll lay a bet that quite a number of teams in that league will pay more than us to their players!

Chairman Wrexham Supporters' Trust Highest home attendance 6,706 vs Tranmere (06 Oct 15) Lowest home attendance 3,511 vs Bromley (13 Feb 16) Average home league attendance 4,614

Now Clarkskon has been released by Motherwell I suspect there's a good chance he will sign for us? Wouldn't be a bad signing IMO, experienced and could be good foil for another shankland type player!

Nah, not for me. Would be a very uninspiring signing.

Goodwillie would be a better signing IMO , only 27 and surely wants to get his career going again ... was excellent at Dundee Utd first time round and has shown glimpses at Aberdeen

No, no, and thrice NO!

Simon lapping has just been released, should we bring him back? At least he could cross a ball, something sadly lacking for a few seasons now.

We do need someone on the left with Cooper having departed. Not a bad shout, though he might well be past his best, now, and possibly a tad injury prone?

Worth having a look at, though.

I'd be willing to take a punt on Goodwillie as he must want to get his career back on track, but worry the wages would be too high.

The thing about Goodwillie is he has had plenty of second chances and not taken any of them. There is no doubt the lad has talent but has been awful for a long time now and even at Utd, he couldn't have looked less interested.