Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Thanks Hambud, the short extract suggests this looks like a very professional set up and one has to say well done to the Para fans for their engagement and support.

just goes to show what can happen if fans pull together. People are always suggesting our current board should dig deep and throw more money at the club but actually we as fans just need to pull together and push this club forward.

Shaun Rooney young 18 year old right back or centre half who is out of contract with Queens Park is currently in talks about a move to Saints. Ian Murray tried to sign him for Dumbarton but he wants full time football. My source is pretty reliable as Shaun is my apprentice at work smile.png there are a few other interested clubs but we are definitely in the running.

Has just signed for Jackie MacNamaras York City on a 2 year deal.

When a club is on the up fans have the feel good factor so if it's put to the fans £20 a month would bring in quality players then not surprised 1,000 would sign up. As for Saints we have been struggling for a good few seasons so our fans are a bit down on motivation.

However Dunfermline were about to go totally bust and that's when the fans signed up. They couldn't have been at a much lower ebb.

Nicky Clarke will be a great signing for whoever gets him. He made a wrong career move going to Ibrox to become a bit-part player. He was a goal machine at QOS and with regular game time he will be again !

Means nothing Ian if they are not living within their means. It all comes home to roost. I think attendance will be up next season so more money at home matches.

But they are living within their means . The money generated and spent is from there supporters investment .

Really? 1000 fans x £240 a year = £240,000. Every little helps but with a similar support/fan base as us I still wonder how they are able to pay larger salaries than us?

I assume that's on top of their regular wage budget made up from season tickets, league money, sponsorship etc

It is. Our parachute payment is £250,000 i think, which cancels out their bonus money but we won't get another parachute payment next season.

We won't need it since we will be in the top league. Hopefully.

"Without knowing all the details, we spoke to one of our guys last week at St Mirren who has a vested interest. Marc McAusland. So there's a possibility that they (Dunfermline) are trying to get him back but the wages they were paying were a bit better than ourselves"

- Alex Rae on Off The Ball....