Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I'd imagine this is the same problem for virtually club on the planet!

If we have a good manager with good tactics and a decent youth system then signing loads of players wouldn't really matter.

Unfortunately we have none of these!

So, if Rae is not good enough which available manager would cut it for you bearing in mind the league we are in, the income we generate and budget for players?

So, if Rae is not good enough which available manager would cut it for you bearing in mind the league we are in, the income we generate and budget for players?[/quote

Got to agree with Flanders here , we need to be realistic with our hopes ambitions and player recruitment, 1 thing is for sure , flair and fancy shit won't win this division hard work dedication and will to win will and I'm confident under Rae we will get there ... Give him time and patience!! Very accurate and demanding from his player wish list .

So, if Rae is not good enough which available manager would cut it for you bearing in mind the league we are in, the income we generate and budget for players?

That's up to the BoD!

Whoever I think should be manager isn't relevant to my point....

Alex Rae doesn't know what he's doing!

He's a bit like you. Clueless!

So, if Rae is not good enough which available manager would cut it for you bearing in mind the league we are in, the income we generate and budget for players?[/quote

Got to agree with Flanders here , we need to be realistic with our hopes ambitions and player recruitment, 1 thing is for sure , flair and fancy shit won't win this division hard work dedication and will to win will and I'm confident under Rae we will get there ... Give him time and patience!! Very accurate and demanding from his player wish list .

Realistic?

We've just finished in the bottom half of the second tier... Behind Morton FFS!

Rangers loving Rae must go!

We've drastically improved under Rae, he deserves time to properly put his mark on the squad. He wouldn't have been my first choice when he was appointed, but he's done well to steady the ship, we're moving in the right direction.

Even the very biggest clubs don't get every player on their wish list, it all depends on how good your plan B is, I think Rae has earned some patience. It's early days and we've made 2 signings, that's more that most clubs.

ame="Scotia83" post="1368479" timestamp="1464368952"]

Realistic?

We've just finished in the bottom half of the second tier... Behind Morton FFS!

Rangers loving Rae must go!

Not really his fault though

His sides beat Morton twice

Wait until next season pans out to see what kind of job he's doing

About the Rangers thing

Saying nothing,got a feeling our next signing will be one of their ex players

Not really his fault though

His sides beat Morton twice

Wait until next season pans out to see what kind of job he's doing

About the Rangers thing

Saying nothing,got a feeling our next signing will be one of their ex players

No problem with us signing ex Rangers.

I do have a problem though with St. Mirren managers supporting Rangers in the Rangers end.

Especially when the manager in question is hopeless!

Edited by nosferatu

Why would I have suggestions? :1eye

And what relevance does that have with the fact that Alex Rae is clueless?

You mean this is your opinion? Exactly on what basis is this a 'fact'? He has been in the job for around 6 months and improved our results and you want him replaced? Surely any manager needs time to implement his own strategy and players. Not asking again who you would choose but please outline what Alex Rae or any other manager could /should have done in 6 months to demonstrate success in your book taking into account our league position and points tally when Murray left? Edited by nedflanders123

I see Kieran saddlier is out of contract at sligo rangers.thought he done well for us in the spl he is a left winger who can play anywhere in the midfield and he scores goals.

I thought he was one of Teale's better signings and showed some good signs of a player.

He was willing to take the drop to championship last summer, though i think at the time he didnt realise he would have to complete a pre season trial first unlike Gow.

I would agree with you there. At only 21 I think he would be worth a look at.

I'm not so sure. Yeah he looked not bad in what was a disgustingly bad team. Unfortunately though that's him now been through us, Peterborough, Halifax and Sligo in the last year.

Though 13 games 4 goals is decent from the wing for Sligo.

Edited by djchapsticks

Denny Johnstone seemingly attracting interest from three Scottish clubs including Kilmarnock.

Wouldn't say no.

Yeah good player. Another one who scored more than Shankland last season (14 to 10). Would be a step up, which is what we need.

Yeah good player. Another one who scored more than Shankland last season (14 to 10). Would be a step up, which is what we need.

Step up from Shankland?

Are you basing this on the Shankland we seen under Murray, Rae or both.

Step up from Shankland?

Are you basing this on the Shankland we seen under Murray, Rae or both.

I'm basing this on the fact he scored more goals with a better goal to games ratio for a similar standard of team. He's also the same age.

Don't really see a case for Shankland being a better player.

I'm basing this on the fact he scored more goals with a better goal to games ratio for a similar standard of team. He's also the same age.

Don't really see a case for Shankland being a better player.

Not sure it would be a step up, though. Shankland is a known quantity, and was improving. He linked well with Clarkson at times, and seemed to thrive under Rae.

Significantly more game time than shankland also

He also didn't spend half a season being managed by a complete halfwit of manager.

TBH, I'd be happy with either, although Johnston didn't really stand out in our games v Morton.

Shankland on the other hand...........................thumbup2.gif