Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

15 minutes ago, MotherwellSaint said:

skacel is training with raith hope he doesnt go there as we all know whats going to happnen

He's a 37 year old winger who has played 6 games in the last 3 years  

The last time he played against us when at Dundee Utd he was sent off IIRC and was clearly well past it even then. 

He will not strengthen Raith at all so hopefully he does sign for them on a big wedge. 

16 minutes ago, MotherwellSaint said:

skacel is training with raith hope he doesnt go there as we all know whats going to happnen

He was utter shite the last time he played against us.

Think it might have been Dungdee united.he was playing for.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Apparently Rae was on the radio yesterday. Said we had tried to sign someone but paperworks held things up. Anybody know who? He also said two signings on Monday and room for one more after that.

Wonder if we are trying to sign two players on loan from the same club and this has caused problems? In fact I think this might even be banned as I seem to remember someone falling foul of this last year.

Only saying that as I heard a ridiculous rumour we were after Peter Pawlett, which could cause issues if we were after Shankland. Same problem if we're after Hardie and the other guy from Rangers.

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Wonder if we are trying to sign two players on loan from the same club and this has caused problems? In fact I think this might even be banned as I seem to remember someone falling foul of this last year.

Only saying that as I heard a ridiculous rumour we were after Peter Pawlett, which could cause issues if we were after Shankland. Same problem if we're after Hardie and the other guy from Rangers.

Why don't we show a bit of ambition and sign both.

2 hours ago, pod said:

Why don't we show a bit of ambition and sign both.

I wasn't saying we shouldn't. I was saying we might have to pick between Shankland and Pawlett from Aberdeen and also choose from Hardie and this other guy from Rangers due to the rules.

Just had a wee look and you're allowed two loan players from the same club if they're in another division and only one if it's the same league so, hypothetically, we'd be fine to sign all four.

4 hours ago, paul torfason said:

a would say Gers players with Rae connections..but got a feeling hardie will go to Utd and wee will get the untried and tested boy.hope am wrong as if get hardie surely we will be challenging for title this season

Don't think Hardie will go to utd. According to a gers supporting workmate, they don't loan players to utd anymore.