Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

6 minutes ago, Drew said:

Is this guy any good?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/38548484

He seems to have set his sights quite low, so we'd certaily fit that bill.  I've no idea if he could do a turn for us, right enough.

Seems to want to play part time. Guess that is better than some who seem to want to play no time right enough ^_^

Just now, div said:

Seems to want to play part time. Guess that is better than some who seem to want to play no time right enough ^_^

I wondered whether he is just being realistic in terms of the options available, or has other, personal reasons to opt for P/T.  As I say, I was idly browsing and stumbled across the article.  I've no idea whether he'd be worth a punt.  Quite possibly not.

We certainly need at least one forward in having parted company with Hardie and Walsh (as ineffectual as they largely were).  We're probably not in a position to be too choosy, sadly, which, of course, begs the question as to whether there's any point in brining in players who aren't likely to add anything to the limited squad we already have.  I tihnk our lowly position leaves us having to look at the likes of loan deals or, perhaps, guys like this.

30 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

Saw a thing on Facebook saying he looks a lot like Joe Nuttal, another Aberdeen youth. Would make sense for him to have arrived along with Storie if we're having a look at him. Don't know anything about him if it is.

Spent December at Stranraer on loan. scored twice in 7 matches

12 minutes ago, SBS said:

Spent December at Stranraer on loan. scored twice in 7 matches

If he's still with them, then he's probably training with us during the day as he's full time.  The Dons won't want him hanging about Glasgow waiting to train two nights a week with his team-mates (don't some Stranraer players train in Glasgow during the season)? Just a thought.

2 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

If he's still with them, then he's probably training with us during the day as he's full time.  The Dons won't want him hanging about Glasgow waiting to train two nights a week with his team-mates (don't some Stranraer players train in Glasgow during the season)? Just a thought.

Had that thought as well. Although it was apparently just an emergency 28 day loan, so not sure what his situation is.

Got a friend who is a Stranraer fan and he had mentioned him when I said we were signing Storie. Seemed to think that Nuttal was decent and has scored a few for the Dons 20's side this season.

Need to as him for more info.

23 hours ago, melmac said:

On the presumption JR wlll be staying, id rather he played the youngsters. Get Baird back in, there is a good player in their and he at least has a bit of passion about him. Get Naismith next to him in central defence or play a back three; webbie, clarkson etc can do one.

Can you loan 3 players from the same team at the same time? 

I thought you were only allowed 2 and we have Shankland and Storie at present.

13 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Can you loan 3 players from the same team at the same time? 

I thought you were only allowed 2 and we have Shankland and Storie at present.

Kilmarnock have just brought 3 in today from Newcastle . Rules might be different in Scotland though .