Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I am probably LTK (last to know) but suggestion on P&B that Keith Watson is returning.

I've read this a few places but it puzzles me.

We are only allowed one loan player over 21, which will presumably be Rory Loy.

That means if Watson IS coming back then it would need to be on a permanent deal.

Can't see that happening, unless Loy is coming permanently, and for that to happen it would surely need to involve Mallan going the other way!

My head hurts!

Don't really see the point in signing Watson unless someone is leaving instead of/along with Naismith. If he goes, Irvine can move across and our new leftback (assuming we sign one) can play. We already have three fit centre halfs, with one coming back in a month, so there's no need to sign another one unless one of those four is getting binned.

Great player for us last season but not sure that's the most pressing position. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

Swap deal imminent. 

Sutton going to Livingston. 

Buchanan coming to Greenhill Road to partner Loy. 

That would be tremendous. 

Good one

The man knocked us back last season

His team are romping their way to a title

He doesn't want to come here and there's nothing we can do about it

1 hour ago, Stu said:

Don't really see the point in signing Watson unless someone is leaving instead of/along with Naismith. If he goes, Irvine can move across and our new leftback (assuming we sign one) can play. We already have three fit centre halfs, with one coming back in a month, so there's no need to sign another one unless one of those four is getting binned.

Great player for us last season but not sure that's the most pressing position. 

Yes, it would make sense if Naismith were to leave. County might be keen to bring him in now, and if a few quid (or even a player) were on offer, the club might accept this.

2 minutes ago, gazmc83 said:

We don't really want sutton going anywhere, if he is given the service and the support ( Loy hopefully ) he will be a big player for us between now and end of season

Agreed.

Sutton has been the only 'senior' player to have impressed me in any way this season. We need a blend of youth and experience, so why lose the only experienced player who has been halfway decent?

Anyway, its moot on account of this merely being a case of shull talking shite again.

2 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Young midfielder/forward from Dumbarton allegedly on his way in. Friends of Jack Ross'. 

Bit of an odd one - not sure where he fits into plans (for this season, at least... :ph34r: )

Josh Tudd I believe, scored 4 in 16 games this season I think