Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

If fit McGinn would be a good player at this level but not quite as excited about his return as some folk. Don't remember a song for him as some folk have mentioned.

Is it true he is the grandson of former Celtic chairman Jack McGinn?

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

If fit McGinn would be a good player at this level but not quite as excited about his return as some folk. Don't remember a song for him as some folk have mentioned.

Is it true he is the grandson of former Celtic chairman Jack McGinn?

I'm sure he went to Dundee on loan at some point and wasn't exactly brilliant.

Edited by FTOF

12 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

S. McGinn seems to have fallen out of favour at Wycombe. 3 appearances in the past 4 months and they've all come in the Football League Trophy. Still has 18 months to run on his contract though.

Ex-teammate of Jack Ross....

Suppose you will do anything to get regular football he would need to take  huge wage cut. Who knows. Thought Ross mentioned he was looking for a striker ? 

Obviously McGinn has been playing at a higher level than we have for the past couple of years and is a talented player,but I'm not over enthused about signing a player whose career has been hampered by injuries and probably won't be match fit.

However, any signing we make at this stage in the season is a bit of a risk.

To be honest, with all the new faces, bringing in a player we are all familiar with might be a good move. If it is McGinn as suggested, he is fondly remembered by many of us (I can still vividly picture his shot sailing into the net when he scored against Rangers at Love St). That'll be a good base to start on. He also has experience and this will help the young lads in the midfield - assuming we have any left come the end of the month.

I'd be very happy with a return for the elder McGinn. Though it would be appreciated if someone could clarify if he has any association with a former Celtic chairman.