Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

On Friday, June 16, 2017 at 8:17 PM, FTOF said:

John Baird leaving Falkirk for ICT seems on the cards.

Some ITK speculation on P&B that Loy will be his replacement.

Peter Houston was on off the ball today. When Loy was mentioned, all he would say was that he was a Dundee Player, under contract. 

23 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Peter Houston was on off the ball today. When Loy was mentioned, all he would say was that he was a Dundee Player, under contract. 

Tough tittie Pete, Rory wants to be a Saint.

How do you like them apples?:byebye

3 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

This time we should try to skip a few steps and just sell him directly to the Premier League for £10m. 

If we don't do that, the club will have Top Cat to answer to...:(.

6 hours ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I hear we've got an Australian coming in on trial. Youngish apparently, so might be for U20s. Not sure how his cycling is.

Seen about this lad today over here, plays local at Steve Mcgarrys club and he's going over to check out 2-3 clubs. From what I've read he looks like a decent talent. 

16 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

Hardie scored more goals for Raith Rovers in the second half of the season than Loy did for St. Mirren. This despite the fact that St. Mirren were on the up and Raith were in free fall.

HTH

Hardie was utter gash in his 6 month spell with us. His attitude was one of a player who looked completely uninterested. His goal tally and performance level at another club who were relegated while at one time having a 21 point advantage over St Mirren, is of no interest to me.

HTH

22 minutes ago, mcdowell76 said:

Hardie scored more goals for Raith Rovers in the second half of the season than Loy did for St. Mirren. This despite the fact that St. Mirren were on the up and Raith were in free fall.

HTH

Loy for St. Mirren - 1 goal every 156 minutes

Hardie for Raith - 1 goal every 216 minutes

Hardie for St. Mirren - 1 goal every 300 minutes.

Whatever way you look at it, Loy was far more successful than Hardie, regardless of who Hardie played for last season.

40 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Hardie was utter gash in his 6 month spell with us. His attitude was one of a player who looked completely uninterested. His goal tally and performance level at another club who were relegated while at one time having a 21 point advantage over St Mirren, is of no interest to me.

HTH

If it was of no interest to you then you wouldn't have written such a lengthy reply. :P

26 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Whatever way you look at it, Loy was far more successful than Hardie, regardless of who Hardie played for last season.

As I mentioned, Loy was playing for a side on the up and Hardie was playing for a side in free fall. In effect, Loy was playing for a top 3 side and Hardie was playing for a side marooned at the bottom.

Therefore I think the description of "far more successful", in terms of the goalscoring comparison, is a tad over the top.

The previous season Hardie scored 6 in 10 league games with Raith. Better than Loy managed with St. Mirren.

My point here being that I think folk are being a tad hard on Hardie.

If Loy had been with us in the first half and Hardie in the second half, I reckon we'd all be talking about how shite Loy was and how great Hardie was.

The shite manager and shite team mates that Hardie had in the first half of the season maybe hindered him?

Edited by mcdowell76

1 hour ago, class of 76-77 said:

HTH

So was most of the team.