Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 hours ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

Don't shatter peoples illusions. Billy is on his way!

According to Wiki , he left Brunei DPMM in June. Dosn't mention a Cypriot team . 

Wiki's always 100% accurate. 

He's coming home .

31 minutes ago, Stevie88 said:

Would quite like to see us trying to bring in Brian Graham on loan from Hibs... they've signed a few forwards and still hopeful of signing at least 1 more, can't see a place for him there anymore.

Of the guys in the Premiership that you could class as 'out of favour' and presumably within our relative budget  Connor Sammon, Brian Graham and Scott Wright (Aberdeen) are the most obvious choices.

Would quite like to see us trying to bring in Brian Graham on loan from Hibs... they've signed a few forwards and still hopeful of signing at least 1 more, can't see a place for him there anymore.

Thought the same for a while now. Great record in this league with and has been decent in the Premiership wherever he's went without being an automatic pick.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

This is a slight concern as time is running out along with players that are available.

Transfer window doesn't shut until the end of August.

There's an increased likelihood of picking up a player from a higher level who isn't getting a game at their club, much like we got Loy in January.

IMO that's our best chance of getting a "like for like" replacement for Loy.

Just now, FTOF said:

Transfer window doesn't shut until the end of August.

There's an increased likelihood of picking up a player from a higher level who isn't getting a game at their club, much like we got Loy in January.

IMO that's our best chance of getting a "like for like" replacement for Loy.

I'm aware of the closing date of the transfer window but not convinced about your theory on players from a higher level.

Seems the less time the more chance we're going to be scraping the barrel.

Loy was very much hit or miss, while acknowledging he had a good finish to the season, like the whole team.

Time will tell.

IMO Brian Graham is a better player than Loy ...said it before never thought loy was all that tbh .

Despite the fact that Loy hasn't yet scored for Falkirk yet, the fans are delighted with him so far as he's been instrumental in creating the chances for their many goals so far. That's the thing about Loy, he doesn't just score goals, he creates them too.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Despite the fact that Loy hasn't yet scored for Falkirk yet, the fans are delighted with him so far as he's been instrumental in creating the chances for their many goals so far. That's the thing about Loy, he doesn't just score goals, he creates them too.

If given the choice of signing Loy and missing out on a few of the squad fillers we've already signed then I would have gone with Loy.

Quality over quantity for me. Of course some of the players I'm referring to might well do a job given time, but Loy is a known quantity who would have been an invaluable signing imo.

Loy was nothing brilliant. 

A dude who cheats his fellow professionals. 

I expect him to be falling (untouched)  about all over the pitch at Greenhill Road on Saturday. 

Miller and Hippolyte will be diving accomplices. 

Scum x 3 disgracing The Beautiful Game. 

43 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

If given the choice of signing Loy and missing out on a few of the squad fillers we've already signed then I would have gone with Loy.

Quality over quantity for me. Of course some of the players I'm referring to might well do a job given time, but Loy is a known quantity who would have been an invaluable signing imo.

I suppose we'll see what we're missing or not missing next Saturday.

Let's hope he's as ordinary as some people believe.

Loy did very well for us but I'd agree he is not a spectacular talent, certainly he is the standard of player we should be able to replace.  The problem is we haven't replaced him, and now Ross is saying he doesn't have any budget left having blown it all on a bunch of lower league players who just don't look up for it at this level.

My biggest concern now is we will punt the one striker we have, Sutton, and replace him with two more players lacking the same quality.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

JR in the PDE today again stating that we will have to move players on before we make any further additions to the squad.

13 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I believe another striker is signing on 1st Aug but think that is all until we get rid of a couple of players.

Wow, phone the Paisley Express..................................oh wait. :P

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:
Wow, phone the Paisley Express..................................oh wait. [emoji14]

Why? Does the PDE know if we are signing a striker next week without moving anyone on?

Edited by Sonny