Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

If we want to be genuine contenders this season we need another striker. We could also be doing with another central midfielder IF Quinn is going to be injured as often as last season as we have no real cover for McGinn and McShane.

13 minutes ago, DLBud said:

If we want to be genuine contenders this season we need another striker. We could also be doing with another central midfielder IF Quinn is going to be injured as often as last season as we have no real cover for McGinn and McShane.

Magennis?

Why? Does the PDE know if we are signing a striker next week without moving anyone on?

Jack said the same the week before he signed McShane - it's not an absolute given that we can't sign someone without letting someone go, but better to let players think we're on a very tight budget. Also, loan players will cost a fraction of permanent signings.

I was disappointed when we missed out on Loy but he never did seem to be a free-scoring striker. 

As Falkirk romped group A with a +12 GD - his return was a grand total of 0 goals.

Reilly may the be answer at this level but another striker to assist would definitely be needed.

With McShane looking like he is beginning to settle - and Magennis due back in a month or so - I think the a Striker is No.1 priority

On 7/29/2017 at 0:18 PM, class of 76-77 said:

If given the choice of signing Loy and missing out on a few of the squad fillers we've already signed then I would have gone with Loy.

Quality over quantity for me. Of course some of the players I'm referring to might well do a job given time, but Loy is a known quantity who would have been an invaluable signing imo.

We are needing another striker unless Sutton comes up to the mark. Also a hard tackling midfield in the mould of Murray/ Goodwin , to put up a serious challenge .  Edit to add. Ross in the press saying his hands are tied at the moment unless he can move one or two on. Will find out this week whether Smith accepts the deal on the table. Finding it a bit strange season ticket sales are up while money came in for Malian. 

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

10 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We are needing another striker unless Sutton comes up to the mark. Also a hard tackling midfield in the mould of Murray/ Goodwin , to put up a serious challenge .  Edit to add. Ross in the press saying his hands are tied at the moment unless he can move one or two on. Will find out this week whether Smith accepts the deal on the table. Finding it a bit strange season ticket sales are up while money came in for Malian. 

Smith?

We're not talking about paying transfer fees for players, only wages, so I'm also a bit surprised that the money from McAllister, Mallan, the two cup runs (particularly Celtic Park), increased attendances over the last quarter of the season and a boost in his seasons ST's has gone and we need to shift people before bring more in.

Maybe we're just being prudent. If so, then that's the way it is and I'd rather we took that approach than gambled.

2 hours ago, DLBud said:

We're not talking about pay transfer fees for players, only wages, so I'm also a bit surprised that the money from McAllister, Mallan, the two cup runs (particularly Celtic Park), increased attendances over the last quarter of the season and a boost in his seasons ST's has gone and we need to shift people before bring more in.
Maybe we're just being prudent. If so, then that's the way it is and I'd eager we took that approach than gambled.

There was a fair bit of expenditure I believe on fault fixing with Ralston, USH etc.

I totally agree being prudent is the way forward. Our rivals from last Saturday are not far off from folding due to stupid expenditure on wages.

There was a fair bit of expenditure I believe on fault fixing with Ralston, USH etc.
I totally agree being prudent is the way forward. Our rivals from last Saturday are not far off from folding due to stupid expenditure on wages.

Forgot about Ralston and the USH. Good point.