Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

3 hours ago, Saint Garf said:

If the club already owns the land across from the away stand, would it not make sense to punt the valuable land in Ralston, use some of the cash to build a state of the art synthetic pitch and a gym at St Mirren Park and bank the rest? Could even be another revenue stream for the club. 

Since we don't own Ralston we should build the pitches next to the stadium, move the portable buildings as well and either abandon Ralston or lease out the pitches to anyone who is willing to pay..  Anyone seen Jogging Susan recently?

Edited by beyond our ken

27 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Since we don't own Ralston we should build the pitches next to the stadium, move the portable buildings as well and either abandon Ralston or lease out the pitches to anyone who is willing to pay..  Anyone seen Jogging Susan recently?

I can't imagine we'd be able to sub-lease the complex.

7 hours ago, Saint Garf said:

If the club already owns the land across from the away stand, would it not make sense to punt the valuable land in Ralston, use some of the cash to build a state of the art synthetic pitch and a gym at St Mirren Park and bank the rest? Could even be another revenue stream for the club. 

Does the club own the land across from the away stand?

I got told it was Stewart Gilmour's as his family had a shop there as well

7 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Eh, and how much does it cost?

I never said it WASN'T value, just trying to establish the running cost.

You've made an massive assumption these players would not have been with us if we hadn't had Ralston. :blink:

No idea. But good players want to play at good training facilities, so if we didn't have a 5 star facility, I'm 99% sure we would now be in league 1. 

We may have the Paisley Sports Village by 2020 anyway! 

355FA52C-EBC5-4E9C-A9D5-D1B358AE6271-4297-000003D784A3077E.jpeg

No idea. But good players want to play at good training facilities, so if we didn't have a 5 star facility, I'm 99% sure we would now be in league 1. 
We may have the Paisley Sports Village by 2020 anyway! 

355FA52C-EBC5-4E9C-A9D5-D1B358AE6271-4297-000003D784A3077E.jpeg.36e5044c89879dab5d50f7871f03df5b.jpeg

Don't see this ever being built.

About half of the January signings were unknowns really from outside Scotland: Fjelde, O'Brien, Davis, Stelios, Eckersley.

No-one from off the beaten track this window though. I wouldn't be surprised if we get a new striker coming in under the radar. Maybe one who was set-up as a possible signing at the start of the year.

I have the horrible feeling that we have nothing up front yet again, which will cost us dearly. Surely the money received from selling players ought to have been spent on a centre forward. Maybe theres someone in mind but a poor start to the league season (in addition to same in the league cup) will lose much of the momentum built up from Feb to May , and fans will drift away again. Other teams have recognised scorers but its been a long while since we we had one. Come on , Jack, we fans deserve it.

35 minutes ago, Froggie said:

I have the horrible feeling that we have nothing up front yet again, which will cost us dearly. Surely the money received from selling players ought to have been spent on a centre forward. Maybe theres someone in mind but a poor start to the league season (in addition to same in the league cup) will lose much of the momentum built up from Feb to May , and fans will drift away again. Other teams have recognised scorers but its been a long while since we we had one. Come on , Jack, we fans deserve it.

We will always struggle wage wise to compete against bigger clubs for decent strikers. Any decent known  striker will have better offers so we are always going to have a battle to bring a recognised 15-20 goals a season man in. Our main hope is to unearth our own talented striker despite knowing he will move on to a bigger club.

Edited by nedflanders123