Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

The body language between John Sutton and Jack Ross when the striker was subbed at the weekend struck me as a tad worrying.

I think the big guy could be on his way out. If so, I will be most upset. I think it would be a major mistake, not least given who he would be replacing him with. It would heap huge pressure on the new man, and I wouldn't be confident that he would deliver.

Fingers crossed that I've read this wrong.

Edited by Drew

8 minutes ago, blcknwhte_lj said:

Didn't we just release Rocco Quinn, why would we need to lose another player? Or did I miss someone coming in after we released Quinn?

Nothing to say we aren't currently running over budget?

I really hope the " TRUE FANS " ain't gonnae have another meltdown after their appalling behaviour last weekend when it was suggested our number one goalie was pish. 

Sutton is a legend, still a decent player but we can do better. 

Trust in Jack. 

3 minutes ago, shull said:

I really hope the " TRUE FANS " ain't gonnae have another meltdown after their appalling behaviour last weekend when it was suggested our number one goalie was pish. 

Sutton is a legend, still a decent player but we can do better. 

Trust in Jack. 

Is "TRUE FANS" the new fake news? :lol:

Whoever comes in, I just hope he scores goals 

1 minute ago, Doakes said:

Is "TRUE FANS" the new fake news? :lol:

Whoever comes in, I just hope he scores goals 

" TRUE FANS " are those who say that fans who constructively criticise our beloved Clubs are not real St Mirren supporters. 

In other words, the " TRUE FANS " are pathetic Tumshies full of abuse and shite and total hypocrites with some hiding behind the IGNORE button. 

Simple 

I would assume Sutton is one of the better wage earners at the club so if he is having to be shifted to accomodate another striker then the new chap must have a bit of pedigree. However what would be the point of moving a striker out to bring one in if JR feels the squad requires another striker - the net effect would be as it is today numbers wise. Really don't see it being Sutton.

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I would assume Sutton is one of the better wage earners at the club so if he is having to be shifted to accomodate another striker then the new chap must have a bit of pedigree. However what would be the point of moving a striker out to bring one in if JR feels the squad requires another striker - the net effect would be as it is today numbers wise. Really don't see it being Sutton.

Sutton leaving only makes sense to me if we're bringing in a guy who is as good as, if not better than him - the name rumoured doesn't really fit that description. Maybe Sutton going frees up enough cash for the new striker and someone else?

Anyway, it seems no one else is leaving... for now.

Is it me or do we not already have a squad capable of challenging...... I observed  Sat a pretty complete performance, with a few stars to come back..... and when they do we will have competition in almost every position..... Kyle McAllistair also might be coming back, we have 7 players that can play upfront in different formations, we have Harry, Eck , Hilson , Stellios playing anywhere, and Reilly, Smith, Morgan and Sutton on form.......

Most excited I have been since 1999 where we were favs to go down that year, we are going to score goals, we just need to make sure we concede less

Sutton had a good game on Saturday. But for me that is the first time I have said that since he re-joined us. If he can play like that every week then keep him as an option - just a pity he has not shown any of that form over the last 12 months. But we still need another striker.