Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Sutton had a good game on Saturday. But for me that is the first time I have said that since he re-joined us. If he can play like that every week then keep him as an option - just a pity he has not shown any of that form over the last 12 months. But we still need another striker.

He didn't play well away against Ayr in the run-in last season? I reckon that match galvanised our survival run. Sutton was a star performer.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

He didn't play well away against Ayr in the run-in last season? I reckon that match galvanised our survival run. Sutton was a star performer.

Its all about opinion. I am aware that game was a turning point and his first goal was important. However I was complaining to my mates how poor he was playing when he shut me up by scoring. But overall I thought his contribution to our great escape was poor. If he had played the way he played on Saturday for every game last season then my opinion may be different.

5 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Its all about opinion. I am aware that game was a turning point and his first goal was important. However I was complaining to my mates how poor he was playing when he shut me up by scoring. But overall I thought his contribution to our great escape was poor. If he had played the way he played on Saturday for every game last season then my opinion may be different.

Aye, its all about opinions.

To be honest, though, you've tended to single out JS for criticism. It has always seemed a bit disproportionate, and you have been reluctant to give him credit when it seems to be due.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Aye, its all about opinions.

To be honest, though, you've tended to single out JS for criticism. It has always seemed a bit disproportionate, and you have been reluctant to give him credit when it seems to be due.

Not true. I gave him credit on Saturday when it was due. I just do not believe there were many games in the last year where I left thinking he had a great game.

Said on here a couple of times, but, I think Sutton gives his all every game. People mistake his lack of pace for laziness, but he'll work a defence as hard as he can. He's a goal threat, often only needs one chance in a game and in addition to that, he causes worry among the opposition and tends to pull focus from whoever he's playing next to.

People have been saying that their early worries about Reilly were eased when they saw him as part of a front 2. Sutton played most of his games up top on his own last season, but no-one suggests that it was maybe the system that didn't suit him. When they've played together they've looked dangerous, I'd like another striker in, because I don't like any player to be a stick on in their position, but I think it would be rash to let Sutton go. Still has a lot to offer for me.

12 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

How can QOTS attract someone like Kane when we appear to be seeking another striker. Maybe JR doesn't rate him? Can we have Dobbie then?

I'm assuming Jack prefers Du - the other striker... 

Having worked with Kane before, he would know all about his attributes so I'm assuming he'd rather someone else.

6 minutes ago, Soctty said:

I'm assuming Jack prefers Du - the other striker... 

Having worked with Kane before, he would know all about his attributes so I'm assuming he'd rather someone else.

Loan deals often seem to be based on who knows who in terms of the clubs involved. Maybe it's just a case of there being some connection between the two clubs that has brought this about.

Just now, Drew said:

Loan deals often seem to be based on who knows who in terms of the clubs involved. Maybe it's just a case of there being some connection between the two clubs that has brought this about.

Possibly, but we have been linked with Kane for months and I'm sure the player would rather come here than to Dumfries.

Anyway, we'll have enough good strikers to not worry about Kane.