Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

See that Sam Stanton has signed permanent at UTD too - they are really racking up debts to try and gain promotion...

We are still after a striker - Mickelson was not our first or second choice... watch this space...

Edited by Sweeper07
changed wording

7 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

A player i noticed at cappielow a couple of weeks back,  was the lad Gary Oliver, thought he was the best player on the park,   he played really well again yesterday, just watched the TV highlights.  What do you think anyone ? ? 

I'm sure he's related to Jim Duffy possibly his nephew and that's why he signed on at cappielow. Alex Rae tried to sign him for us from QOS but he chose Morton through the family connection. 

On 19/01/2018 at 7:11 PM, Sweeper07 said:

See that Sam Stanton has signed permanent at UTD too - they are really racking up debts to try and gain promotion...

We are still after a striker - Mickelson was not our first or second choice... watch this space...

Yet we offered Mickelson terms strange to do that if he was not the first choice. Anyway hope you are right. 

30 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Yet we offered Mickelson terms strange to do that if he was not the first choice. Anyway hope you are right. 

Offering terms is not the final part of negotiations - we can withdraw offers before signing is completed - as can the other parties...

There are always more targets than we will sign for the above reason... Mickelson was a clear possibility - he was looking to move and we are in the market for a striker. (Trying to lure him away from our No. 1 competitor was also in the mix - but just like when Loy went to Falkirk, we have sensible limits)

Lots of work going on behind closed doors - it may or may not come off - but it is an attractive time to come to Saints and most strikers like the idea of coming to teams that are free scoring... if they think they are good enough to break into our team, and the money is right for them, the pull is much greater....

15 hours ago, class of 76-77 said:

I'm sure he's related to Jim Duffy possibly his nephew and that's why he signed on at cappielow. Alex Rae tried to sign him for us from QOS but he chose Morton through the family connection. 

He is indeed Duffy's nephew, or he wouldn't be there...

8 hours ago, Big Yards said:

Go and get Jai Quitongo! Scored the winner on Saturday 

Great idea, why didn't you say it before? I'm sure if we go and ask Morton really, really, really, really nicely they'll let us have him.

19 minutes ago, Stu said:

Great idea, why didn't you say it before? I'm sure if we go and ask Morton really, really, really, really nicely they'll let us have him.

Quitongo's goal celebration from the weekend is a good enough reason not to sign him.

14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

If he could score 20 goals each season for us then I would forgive the dance. 

I'd be prepared to bet that Quitongo will never, ever score 20goals in a season......I live in Inverclyde in amongst a lot of Morton fans and even they don't rate him all that highly. Decent athlete and quick but made of glass and generally a poor finisher, albeit it with the arrogance of Ronaldo, is the general consensus in these parts!!

Edited by WeeBud

I'd be prepared to bet that Quitongo will never, ever score 20goals in a season......I live in Inverclyde in amongst a lot of Morton fans and even they don't rate him all that highly. Decent athlete and quick but made of glass and generally a poor finisher, albeit it with the arrogance of Ronaldo, is the general consensus in these parts!!

Quitongo has scored 4 league goals in 30 games in his career

McShane this year alone has 5 in 22 league games

Lewis 9 in 22

Cammy 8 in 21

Danny Mullen 4 in 17

Super Gav has 10 in 21

Quitongo is quick and strong but that’s about it, if we want someone like that send Allan McManus round all the gyms in the area and he will find plenty who are strong, quick and can run about with little end product.