Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Seems like he could be a threat at this level with the right supply, but I don't think he's going to push Reilly for a place and I doubt he'd make an impact next season if we were to secure promotion. Add to that the fact the there would almost certainly be a fee involved and I think it's a non-starter. 

I have not suggested that we sign him.  The club have dome a good job in recruitment and sales since JR and his Management team came in. Recent movements in the present window have certainly made sense to me. The remaining piece of the jigsaw for me would be the big and bustling striker who would eventually replace the apparently out of favour John Sutton. Who that might be......I have to be honest and say that I don't know.

Edited by St.Ricky

51 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I have not suggested that we sign him.  The club have dome a good job in recruitment and sales since JR and his Management team came in. Recent movements in the present window have certainly made sense to me. The remaining piece of the jigsaw for me would be the big and bustling striker who would eventually replace the apparently out of favour John Sutton. Who that might be......I have to be honest and say that I don't know.

I agree with that. I'm not saying we could sign someone as good as Rooney, but I thought he was great at the weekend; exactly the type off player every team should have as an option. Not necessarily quick, just a pain in the feckin arse.

He’s the type of player that at the start of the game you worry about him when he is on the ball, then 15 minutes later you couldn’t care less as you have realised he’s just a hyped up ,very ordinary at best, “might be a player “ but will probably disappear into either oblivion or up his own arse......

Edited by thomsons dropped it

2 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

I agree with that. I'm not saying we could sign someone as good as Rooney, but I thought he was great at the weekend; exactly the type off player every team should have as an option. Not necessarily quick, just a pain in the feckin arse.

Rooney is a much better player that many people realise - For them he is not an option, but a leader from the front and if fit, given the No. 9 shirt - For Aberdeen he has played 135 games and scored 63 goals in 4 seasons - in the top league... and who knows how many assists too... The main reason he was fairly quiet at the weekend was that Baird and Davis did not give him much space (most of the time) those 2 are much better than many people realise too...

Jack Ross would kill for someone like Rooney in our team.... (Hopefully not literally though)

Outside the Tic are there any or many better strikers than Rooney in the Premiership? (Check the stats)

Edited by Sweeper07
correction

I'd be prepared to bet that Quitongo will never, ever score 20goals in a season......I live in Inverclyde in amongst a lot of Morton fans and even they don't rate him all that highly. Decent athlete and quick but made of glass and generally a poor finisher, albeit it with the arrogance of Ronaldo, is the general consensus in these parts!!

My Morton supporting mate thinks he’s utter pish

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Rooney is a much better player that many people realise - For them he is not an option, but a leader from the front and if fit, given the No. 9 shirt - For Aberdeen he has played 135 games and scored 63 goals in 4 seasons - in the top league... and who knows how many assists too... The main reason he was fairly quiet at the weekend was that Baird and Davis did not give him much space (most of the time) those 2 are much better than many people realise too...

Jack Ross would kill for someone like Rooney in our team.... (Hopefully not literally though)

Outside the Tic are there any or many better strikers than Rooney in the Premiership? (Check the stats)

With you all the way sweeper.  

If you know where to find a Rooney equivalent them I am sure JR would like to know!

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Agreed, though, you say he was quiet... I'd turn that on its head and say he kept our centre halves busy while their creative players ran riot (and we handed them goals on plates...) 

Even a poor man's Rooney would be great. 

6 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Yes I thought he did well when he came on in the Everton game ....could we afford him?

10 minutes ago, ReturnOf isma is god said:

This completely wild speculation with no basis in fact but Kris Commons is a free agent and he was willing to play in the championship with hibs though I assume his wage demands maybe ludicrous 

At the moment , his wage is £0 . Perhaps his “demands” might be a lot less than you think . 

20 minutes ago, ReturnOf isma is god said:

This completely wild speculation with no basis in fact but Kris Commons is a free agent and he was willing to play in the championship with hibs though I assume his wage demands maybe ludicrous 

Has he not retired from playing?

I think most Hearts fans will delighted to get some cash for Isma, he's not particularly popular with them.

He was very hit and miss with us as well, I think selective memory has allowed that fact to be forgotten.  We won the cup but a lot of games Isma - and quite a lot of that team - just were not interested.  On paper should never have been anywhere near the relegation spots!

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I think most Hearts fans will delighted to get some cash for Isma, he's not particularly popular with them.

He was very hit and miss with us as well, I think selective memory has allowed that fact to be forgotten.  We won the cup but a lot of games Isma - and quite a lot of that team - just were not interested.  On paper should never have been anywhere near the relegation spots!

Uzbekistan club in talks with Hearts who will pay a fee. 

21 minutes ago, Kemp said:

That's because they were still pissed !!!

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Uzbekistan club in talks with Hearts who will pay a fee. 

Yes, 300k seemingly.  Same as Morgan.

I see Falkirk and Hamilton also bringing in decent fees.  Amazing how we continue to get shafted in the transfer market!

36 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Yes, 300k seemingly.  Same as Morgan.

I see Falkirk and Hamilton also bringing in decent fees.  Amazing how we continue to get shafted in the transfer market!

I wondered who would be the first to bring this up.:lol:

I'm sure if Liverpool had been interested in Morgan we'd have got more than £300K. Sadly they weren't.

Read £200K Falkirk got so they must have been shafted too.  Less than we got for McAllister.   Sevco bought the Hamilton player following from wasting millions in the transfer market in the last window.  On that basis our downfall is that Sevco haven't signed any of our players.  

15 minutes ago, David Mc said:

Read £200K Falkirk got so they must have been shafted too.  Less than we got for McAllister.   Sevco bought the Hamilton player following from wasting millions in the transfer market in the last window.  On that basis our downfall is that Sevco haven't signed any of our players.  

The boy Falkirk have sold is pish, that's the difference!

Hamilton have just got more for one player than we got for Morgan, Mallan and McGinn combined.

And Hearts are going to pocket 300k for Isma after picking him up for hee-haw.

18 minutes ago, Kemp said:

The boy Falkirk have sold is pish, that's the difference!

Hamilton have just got more for one player than we got for Morgan, Mallan and McGinn combined.

And Hearts are going to pocket 300k for Isma after picking him up for hee-haw.

Based on P&B presumably! :lol:

Morgan & Mallan were frequently slated on here during AR's tenure, like I said elsewhere the fee Falkirk got was standard for a "prospect" in our division and far lass than the £750k pricetag from last January that infuriated some of our more excitable posters - maybe you were one of them.

Hamilton look to be doing well this window, but Hearts are a Top 6 club and Isma has scored 15 goals in 35 games for them - apples and oranges.

We're doing better than most clubs of our stature.

Edited by Bud the Baker