Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Stokes is a Big Red Button signing for them. It could make a huge difference to them, or it could totally implode. You hope that he'd be a decent addition to a settled, happy dressing room, but an absolute nightmare addition to a fractious, stressed squad.

He just feels like the sort of player that could make a difference if his head is screwed on correctly.

(Not saying I want us to sign him - I'd rather he went to Ross County or England or anywhere that can't affect us.)

1 minute ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Word on the street player inbound today no idea who it is . United are in a bad place would not be surprised to see them taking a chance on Stocks who has been let go by Hibs. 

What street? It’s too cold the day to be walking the streets...

Definitely won’t be Stokes. I think he’s chasing a big pay day abroad.

1 minute ago, Magic Monkey said:

Stokes is a Big Red Button signing for them. It could make a huge difference to them, or it could totally implode. You hope that he'd be a decent addition to a settled, happy dressing room, but an absolute nightmare addition to a fractious, stressed squad.

He just feels like the sort of player that could make a difference if his head is screwed on correctly.

(Not saying I want us to sign him - I'd rather he went to Ross County or England or anywhere that can't affect us.)

Much as I think Neil Lennon can be a bit of a fud, my money would have been on him over most managers to bring Stokes into line and get the best out of him.

That clearly didn't happen, and I don't reckon Slabber Chasbo is the man to whip him into shape.  If Stokes signs for United, it will be another signal that they are unravelling.

United signing Stokes would strike me as a bit of panic that could cause more upset in the squad. Having said that, there's no doubt about his ability and if something "clicks" for him there then he could do really well. The same applies in terms of him potentially signing for us, but I think they may feel it's a risk worth taking, whereas we probably wouldn't. Add in the fact that we almost certainly couldn't pay his wages, and I don't see it happening. 

If, in the highly unlikely event that it does happen, we'll just need to trust Jack and James, who've been making all the right calls up until now.

29 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Word on the street player inbound today no idea who it is . United are in a bad place would not be surprised to see them taking a chance on Stocks who has been let go by Hibs. 

It's a player who will hopefully help put a long distance between us and the chasing pack. Just hope there isn't any unusual weight of expectation on the boy...

Edited by Soctty

23 minutes ago, Soctty said:

It's a player who will hopefully help put a long distance between us and the chasing pack. Just hope there isn't any unusual weight of expectation on the boy...

There's already a long distance between us and Dundee United.

The rest shouldn't be of any concern for us, unless we implode, and that's more than unlikely based on our form for the last year. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

I've chosen. :lol:

TBH don't give a feck, I'll see what happens when it happens.

Never felt the need to join in with the frenzy of guessing/making things up. :P

To be honest, I have had guesses in the past, but never made anything up. I'm no crossword clue compiler, just trying to put a few not-s-cryptic clues out as to the identity of the guy who is signing today.

:D