Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

51 minutes ago, zico said:

2 points.

1. I wasn't actually being serious

2. I don't think that is the main issue....

Fine that you were not being serious BUT if we are seriously considering players - stating the obvious - ones who are good enough are of real interest.

This area where players or any man get out of hand with women is not amusing in the slightest - I take the point that some are not convicted or charged etc... but no doubt many who have too much money in their pockets and think that they are God's gift to women can certainly be out of hand or worse...

As a club we should send a clear message that this is never acceptable

39 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Fine that you were not being serious BUT if we are seriously considering players - stating the obvious - ones who are good enough are of real interest.

This area where players or any man get out of hand with women is not amusing in the slightest - I take the point that some are not convicted or charged etc... but no doubt many who have too much money in their pockets and think that they are God's gift to women can certainly be out of hand or worse...

Agreed.

46 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

With the obvious exception of  "Frankie Boy " :D

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Not only was my original post not actually serious, it was an attempt at sarcasm regarding the very speculation that we might sign Goodwillie.

I agree with what you are saying!

10 hours ago, eastlandssaint said:

Definitely an effective big centre back and a threat from set peices, but not sure he's got the footballing ability we'd be looking for in a centre half.

Watching Baird last night made me think that's probably why he lost his starting place. Not much between them all as defenders, Bairdy may even be better in some aspects but MacKenzie and Davis both have more ability on the ball.  He's still improving and I think he'll get there, just needs work. 

If that's the style JR and JF prefer, then not sure O'Ware would be on their list. Signing him would, however, make me piss myself laughing, would be worth it just to see him score against them when the Renfrewshire Cup is resumed, now that the natural order has been restored.

37 minutes ago, David Mc said:

I’ve a feeling he was in one of our youth teams some years ago too.

Correct heard at that time he was very good obviously very young then.  Edit just looked up on him midfield had a 4 day trial at Aberdeen.  

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint

I think we should take this brief opportunity to speculate before JR acts to equip us with the personnel to cope with the anticipated challenges of the Scottish Premiership.

He usually does not give us much time to speculate - going on his record since he became manager.

Is it just me - or do you feel a little bit peeved at not having all summer to speculate?

A bit of a spoil sport I would say!

29 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

I think we should take this brief opportunity to speculate before JR acts to equip us with the personnel to cope with the anticipated challenges of the Scottish Premiership.

He usually does not give us much time to speculate - going on his record since he became manager.

Is it just me - or do you feel a little bit peeved at not having all summer to speculate?

A bit of a spoil sport I would say!

I think it might be a bit more drawn out this time.

We are now in the top league, so fewer punts will be taken on the likes of Stewart and Kirkpatrick. The stakes are higher as the wages the players will command will be higher, so Jack will probably take a  it more time to weigh up the options.

Another factor is likely to be that the players we will now be looking at will have more in the way of options ( asked on the assumption that they are of a higher calibre).  As such, they will be less likely to sign the first contract that is offered.

I reckon we'll have plenty of time and scope to speculate.