Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

23 minutes ago, David Mc said:

7 to 9 players needed to come in according to JR on BBC site tonight with emphasis on physicality. And another first team coach.

We had a team that could compete in the Championship, now we need one that can survive in the Premiership.

5 minutes ago, pod said:

We had a team that could compete in the Championship, now we need one that can survive in the Premiership.

JR also said tonight he's not interested in just surviving. Get the feeling he may really go for it next season. Looking forward to a wee Europa League trip, I was too young / skint last time we made it. 

42 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Wonder if the coach might be Donati.

Pleased to hear he wants more physicality. Remember when we had managers with massive blind spots to the gaps in the squad? Massively frustrating. You just get the sense Jack sees the game exactly as you'd hope he would.

I think you might be right about Donati as a coach.

12 minutes ago, Hendo said:

JR also said tonight he's not interested in just surviving. Get the feeling he may really go for it next season. Looking forward to a wee Europa League trip, I was too young / skint last time we made it. 

While this is very open to perception it's not unreasonable.

IF he stays with us, you cannot underestimate the value of a good manager, which JR has shown, so far, to be.

Nothing is impossible, but putting us into the mix of the current top league I'd be overjoyed to survive easily with no relegation worries. 

Obviously the transfer we should all be hoping for, arguably above all others, is a nice, swift, £3m switch for John McGinn. Imagine if he moved in July, we'd be able to do some proper planning.

Not that we should blow all the cash on transfers, but it'd be a nice boost.

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Obviously the transfer we should all be hoping for, arguably above all others, is a nice, swift, £3m switch for John McGinn. Imagine if he moved in July, we'd be able to do some proper planning.

Not that we should blow all the cash on transfers, but it'd be a nice boost.

I imagine Hibs might be looking for more than £3m.

Heard a rumour we might be talking to an agent who has European guys who want to play in the uk....

Reminded me of the 2 Dutch lads we had a few years ago and I suppose Stelios more recently...

I don't know anything more than this - and it is JUST a rumour...

5 hours ago, billyg said:

We missed out on Robbie Muirhead of MK Dons in the last window , would imagine we might be back in for him !

I thought this at the time

However, I read an article a month or so later, after he had scored a couple of goals, that he was enjoying his time down there.

Seems to have played quite regularly, so MK Dons seem to rate him.

Would be a useful acquisition though. More physical than our current strikers, but relatively mobile.

8 hours ago, MWISAINT71 said:

Apologies if this has already been said.  I could'nae be arsed checking previous posts.

Scott Cuthbert ( CH ) back from Luton

He has as good a goals per game record as Sutton for this season - the difference is that he is a defender (Sorry to state the obvious)