Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

24 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Is this your wish or is this happening?

Looks like its happening if you believe this mornings papers , would be a pretty meh signing if true , I would have hoped we're aiming a bit higher than that !

12 minutes ago, billyg said:

Looks like its happening if you believe this mornings papers , would be a pretty meh signing if true , I would have hoped we're aiming a bit higher than that !

Jack Ross knows how to work with Paul having been at Dumbarton I'm sure he will get the best out the lad Billy.  

22 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Scotland midfielder John McGinn, who has one year left on his Hibernian contract, has stressed he has no desire to move on just now and that it would take a special offer to persuade him to leave Easter Road. (The National)

I hope he's just kidding and this is a cover for a £5 million move:D

His big brother needs to have a word. 

54 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Jack Ross knows how to work with Paul having been at Dumbarton I'm sure he will get the best out the lad Billy.  

I like the McGinns but not sure Paul is nearly as good as his brothers... at 27 with plenty experience (3 seasons in the Premiership) I think he is a safe bed as a back up full back. He has scored 2 goals in the last 5 seasons, so hope his ability to defend outweighs his lack of scoring prowess. He has not really been anywhere that was successful - usually at the wrong end of the table. Even had a contract cancelled...

He is not better that Eckers and I do expect we will be signing several other players who are much better than what we currently have... We really need to

47 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I like the McGinns but not sure Paul is nearly as good as his brothers... at 27 with plenty experience (3 seasons in the Premiership) I think he is a safe bed as a back up full back. He has scored 2 goals in the last 5 seasons, so hope his ability to defend outweighs his lack of scoring prowess. He has not really been anywhere that was successful - usually at the wrong end of the table. Even had a contract cancelled...

He is not better that Eckers and I do expect we will be signing several other players who are much better than what we currently have... We really need to

What chance does he have when you’re comparing him with a left back and his goal scoring record as a defender?

I like Paul as a player and think he’d be a worthwhile signing.

47 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Believe it or not there were a few Buddies who were not too impressed with signing Stephen. And look how that turned out :)

Drew couldn't see where McGinn would fit into our midfield! :lol:

On 19/04/2018 at 2:32 PM, MWISAINT71 said:

Apologies if this has already been said.  I could'nae be arsed checking previous posts.

Scott Cuthbert ( CH ) back from Luton

Just checked all previous posts and in summary Shull says somebody is too auld and Kemp says somebody can f*ck off. Might be the other way round.

59 minutes ago, zico said:

Drew couldn't see where McGinn would fit into our midfield! :lol:

FFS, that again. You don't half obsess about me, Andy.  Even to the point that you make things up in order to get my attention.

We've been through this McGinn nonsense, and I evidenced that you were talking utter pish. I was very happy indeed when Stephen signed, and my position has been wholly vindicated.

Anyway, if you want, I'll send you a signed photo of myself if it'll keep you going for a while:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, billyg said:

Have to agree with you. We need to recruit better quality but finances will dictate. With the club talking of top 6 we wont meet that target with lower end players. 

Regarding Paul McGinn - Keep in mind we need to bring in 2 or 3 full backs - he's a safe bet. Younger than Eck who I imagine/hope will stay. Smith goes back to Hearts. Irvine will be punted. Questions over Stelios. FB is an area we need to strengthen in and if McGinn signed it doesn't mean we won't sign another FB, and it doesn't mean we won't sign a better one either.

2 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

What chance does he have when you’re comparing him with a left back and his goal scoring record as a defender?

I like Paul as a player and think he’d be a worthwhile signing.

Bottom line is he is coming from the premiership has experience of that league the other good thing is at 27 he is at his peak. 

1 hour ago, Drew said:

We've been through this McGinn nonsense, and I evidenced that you were talking utter pish.

Presumably you were content with Hutton, Quinn & Carswell in midfield! :lol:

Edited by zico

Paul was a first choice pick for Dundee for 2 seasons in the Premiership then he signed a 2 year deal for Chesterfield playing half their games in League One. He wanted back to Scotland so terminated his contract and came back to sign for PT where he did not start too often. But there is a decent player in there and I am sure Jack will bring it out in him.

1 hour ago, zico said:

Presumably you were content with Hutton, Quinn & Carswell in midfield! :lol:

At least I take an interest in the midfield. You'd be happy to see them bypassed by big punts up the park at every opportunity.

Withered scrotum that you are:booty

40 minutes ago, Drew said:

At least I take an interest in the midfield. You'd be happy to see them bypassed by big punts up the park at every opportunity.

Withered scrotum that you are:booty

On the contrary, I want to see our midfielders in the attacking half of the pitch facing the opposition goal, pressing the opposition and creating goalscoring opportunities!

You'd rather see them loitering near our defence, facing their own goal and under pressure!

:double

Edited by zico

I have it on very very good authorities that we will be signing at least 8 players from the following list

UEFA
European
CONMEBOL
South American
CONCACAF
North American
CAF
African
AFC
Asian
OFC
Oceanian