Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

40 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

My feeling is that if there are 8 signings to be made , 4 will be for players expected to go straight into the starting eleven and four will have to fight it out with the existing squad for a place on the starting eleven . So far the players we have been linked with are McGinn , Goodwillie , Cadden and Halkett . I would think these would be guys bought in to challenge for a position , as and not walk straight into a first team place . Stephen McGinn , Flynn , Davis and Eckersley were brought into the team from lower league teams in England , I,m hoping to see another two or three signings coming from that direction.

Watch and see - there will be more than 8... I also hope more than 4 are better 1st choice players.

McGinn ok Halkett yes but the other 2 are no where near good enough..

I think like you our net will be cast wide...England and beyond

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Surely this talk of Goodwillie is pish?

Apart from him having more baggage than a loaded carousel at Paisley International, he has being playing with Clyde - in League 2 - against the likes of Annan, Elgin, and Montrose. 

Nah, I'm not buying it at all.

I'd take punt on bringing back Shankland or Hardie every single time over bringing Goodwillie anywhere near our club.

Obviously Jack bombed both of them out last January, but they both showed a lot of focus and aptitude this season. Maybe the jump from L1 to Premiership would be too much for Lawrence, admittedly, but I'm more making a point about Goodwillie, anyway.

8 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

I'd take punt on bringing back Shankland or Hardie every single time over bringing Goodwillie anywhere near our club.

Obviously Jack bombed both of them out last January, but they both showed a lot of focus and aptitude this season. Maybe the jump from L1 to Premiership would be too much for Lawrence, admittedly, but I'm more making a point about Goodwillie, anyway.

I would bring back Baker, McGarvey and Frankie Boy over Williebad

25 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Couldn't agree more.

5 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Goodwillie can piss off. He was shite at Argyle in L2 and did nothing to help the promotion charge.

Disnae matter how good or bad a player he is,we don't need his type at SMP.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Surely this talk of Goodwillie is pish?

Apart from him having more baggage than a loaded carousel at Paisley International, he has being playing with Clyde - in League 2 - against the likes of Annan, Elgin, and Montrose. 

Nah, I'm not buying it at all.

Nothing in the Goodwillie story.

See come Mid May, pretty much everyone bar plays offs are going to know their fate.............. so many players that will be on our radar will be involved . I am pretty sure Jack will want players in by June start as he has shown squad building is a major strength of his

On 25/04/2018 at 9:40 AM, MenstrieSaint said:

My feeling is that if there are 8 signings to be made , 4 will be for players expected to go straight into the starting eleven and four will have to fight it out with the existing squad for a place on the starting eleven . So far the players we have been linked with are McGinn , Goodwillie , Cadden and Halkett . I would think these would be guys bought in to challenge for a position , as and not walk straight into a first team place . Stephen McGinn , Flynn , Davis and Eckersley were brought into the team from lower league teams in England , I,m hoping to see another two or three signings coming from that direction.

I like your thought process Menstrie.  Not unhappy with 3 of the 4 players you mention.  Think we need a Big Physical Central Striker so not too excited by Goodwillie as a footballer who would fit in (ignoring any other issues).  Glad it isJR's decision. 

O'Ware was playing it cagey in his interview on the BBC. Says he's looking for a fresh start but doesn't know where he'll be next season. 
Would like to see him next season by far mortons best player and can be a great central defensive partner to davis next season. Would also piss off some morton fans too.