Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

7 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

He is only a sub currently in the Championship - think we will set our sights a bit higher that this and many of the others fan on the forum are suggesting..

If not we will struggle...

No doubt JR is smarter...

He played from the start tonight and hes played well , scored their 2nd.

Edited by linwood buddie

22 hours ago, linwood buddie said:

He played from the start tonight and hes played well , scored their 2nd.

So He played "tonight and had a good game - but all season he has played in 20 matches (including a number as sub) and scored 2 goals.. in his previous season he managed 4 goals in the lower division.

Agreed he can play well - but if he was only involved in 1/2 of Livi's games in the Championship - that doesn't look like he will be a 1st choice in the Premiership - that is my point...
I think we need guys who are much better... don't you REALLY?

20 hours ago, class of 76-77 said:

Josh Mullin was very impressive tonight, he took his goal superbly.

He did let his man get a free run for the first eaqualiser, but overall looks a very good player.

So he looked great most of the time, scored a super goal but failed to cover his man and it cost his side a goal as well...

Maybe that is why he is more often a sub than in the starting 11 -(in the Championship) and his goal tonight doubled his season's tally...

I cannot se him as a big star in the Premiership - can you?

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

So He played "tonight and had a good game - but all season he has played in 20 matches (including a number as sub) and scored 2 goals.. in his previous season he managed 4 goals in the lower division.

Agreed he can play well - but if he was only involved in 1/2 of Livi's games in the Championship - that doesn't look like he will be a 1st choice in the Premiership - that is my point...
I think we need guys who are much better... don't you REALLY?

That will really depend on the player budget , but in my opinion he is a decent player . You don't need to agree with that and that's your choice and your opinion:)

2 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

That will really depend on the player budget , but in my opinion he is a decent player . You don't need to agree with that and that's your choice and your opinion:)

No problem with you sharing an opinion... and of course budget is always in the equation - I suspect however, that we will aim higher and have the budget to do so..

I do think Mullin can contribute.. but he also cost Livi a goal last night too... I think that is why he is a sub more often than not...

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

No problem with you sharing an opinion... and of course budget is always in the equation - I suspect however, that we will aim higher and have the budget to do so..

I do think Mullin can contribute.. but he also cost Livi a goal last night too... I think that is why he is a sub more often than not...

Mullin could do as good a job as Mullen will next season.

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

So he looked great most of the time, scored a super goal but failed to cover his man and it cost his side a goal as well...

Maybe that is why he is more often a sub than in the starting 11 -(in the Championship) and his goal tonight doubled his season's tally...

I cannot se him as a big star in the Premiership - can you?

Depends on your opinion, so by your reckoning he can’t step up a level because he’s currently operating in the championship? He was a regular starter before he lost his place through injury, and had been talked about as a real prospect by many within the game.

20 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Depends on your opinion, so by your reckoning he can’t step up a level because he’s currently operating in the championship? He was a regular starter before he lost his place through injury, and had been talked about as a real prospect by many within the game.

He's a midfielder that scored 4 goals in the entire season when Livi won League one, when they finish runner up in the Championship he manages 2 goals - doesn't look like he made much of a step up previously.. ok he played 1/2 the games, but even doubling his tally, if he was fit is nothing spectacular, and you need to take account of what he lacks defensively - he cost Livi a goal as well as scoring one - kind of negated what he added?

He also did not gain his place back when he was fit until very recently - so did he win it or replace someone else who got injured?

11 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Although I have no idea who the players are, I know that TF was in signing talks with two players today.

With Jack currently, shall we say distracted,  is there a case for a Director of Football to bring a bit of continuity to the club? Or is this part of Tony's job?

18 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Although I have no idea who the players are, I know that TF was in signing talks with two players today.

Just checked the official site - its probably Harry Davis and Gavin Reilly. Harry has said no for family reasons apparently and Gavin is thinking about it - maybe waiting on the manager committing to the Club?

35 minutes ago, Drew said:

Ali Crawford has left Accies....

Rumour was that Hibs are interested. But if Lennon goes who knows. Would be a great addition to our squad. Tough with a tremendous workrate and a good shot on him.

Just checked the official site - its probably Harry Davis and Gavin Reilly. Harry has said no for family reasons apparently and Gavin is thinking about it - maybe waiting on the manager committing to the Club?

One of them wasn't, as it took place after the website announcement.

51 minutes ago, magnus said:

With Jack currently, shall we say distracted,  is there a case for a Director of Football to bring a bit of continuity to the club? Or is this part of Tony's job?

At our size of club I think Tony would incorporate this into his job. 

Jack was involved in the talks. TF had just finished speaking to him.