Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Halkett plays in the centre of a back three at Livingston. He’s been great but is he mobile enough to play in a 2 man central defence?

I’ve seen Kane Hemmings mentioned as a possible loan target but it seems that Hibs may be interested in him as well.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

I do get that based on when he was with Rangers but I thought he was pretty decent in the games he played with United. Anyhoo it's academic we are doing hee haw.

The club certainly are not doing hee haw in relation to potential signings.

15 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I agree... We tend to go about our signing business quietly.  I feel that there are signings on the way but to announce them would be unfair to Livvy and Thistle as they approach tonight and Sunday's play off games.  Our interest in Holt though looks to be an open secret. 

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

The practicalities of that do intrigue me. How do we know these new "club" signings will fit in with the new managers plans and style of play? It's normally the new manager that would want to call the shots and be looking for a budget to bring his guys in. No? I am assuming you think we might have put out a few very tentative feelers rather than had any serious chats about money and contract length. The target signings would presumably want to know the identity of the new manager just in case he is a roaster which means the club's that can talk turkey right now might nab these guys before we can firm up? Not ideal but hopefully resolved very soon.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I agree... We tend to go about our signing business quietly.  I feel that there are signings on the way but to announce them would be unfair to Livvy and Thistle as they approach tonight and Sunday's play off games.  Our interest in Holt though looks to be an open secret. 

As is our interest in Halkett and McGinn so no that quietly.

10 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Been really impressed with Scott Pittman watching him v Dundee Utd and now Partick the guy works his socks of got abit of quality and can score goals for a midfielder

On the subject of raiding Livi, we were linked with Josh Mullin at Christmas and I think there's something about him. Scored against the Arabs, made the goal last night.

He's not the finished article but I think he's got promise. 

32 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Dundee United and ST Mirren are trying to sign Clark according to the local Dundee paper. 

I was going to fire in there and say "Exactly and what chance have we got as he would know who the manager is at United" Then I remembered it's Csaba ....

Not really a rumour,  but I see Cammy Bell is being released at Hibs. Could be a shout to provide some competition to Samson.

You are in the speculation thread so speculate away . That’s what it’s there for :)

10 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Having watched Livi last night, I want their team..................... they are awesome, dreadful to watch but bloody effective

I've seen each of their games against us and I went to see them play Dunfermline and United during the season and again when they played Dunfermline at East End Park recently.  Watched them on TV against United and again last night against Thistle.  If I were a Livvy fan then I would be loving it.  They get right into the faces of whoever they are playing and every player works their socks off.  They mix up play and are very dangerous from corner kicks and throw ins Anywhere near the18 yard line.  Miller (not my favourite player)  looks rejuvenated. Whatever their manager is doing.... It seems to be working.  Arguably more successful than Jack Ross if he wins back to back promotions.