Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

6 hours ago, Saint Garf said:

Not convinced by O'Ware, but would happily be proved wrong if he signed. Halkett looks a bit better, but he might fancy a crack at the Prem with Livi.

My worries about both are more or less the same, they're both dominant aggressive centre backs which is great, but they've both been fairly limited in sort of football they've been asked to play. Morton play more football than Livingston, but they're still quite direct. I'd worry a bit about them making the step up and adapting their game to a more passing style at the same time, could be a big ask. Suppose it depends how we're going to play next season.

On the other side of it, O'Ware would be a massive threat from set pieces as we've seen ourselves time and time again. Knowing the advantage of having him in both boxes with our current midget squad, would it be something to work around? He could always improve the passing side of his game while with us too.

30 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

On the other side of it, O'Ware would be a massive threat from set pieces as we've seen ourselves time and time again. Knowing the advantage of having him in both boxes with our current midget squad, would it be something to work around? He could always improve the passing side of his game while with us too.

Oware would be OK. Halkett too 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Oware would be OK. Halkett too 

I've heard good things on Halkett but not seen anything myself to form a fair opinion. O'Ware was an easier option because he scores against us every time :angry: although I do know Halkett netted against us too.

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I've heard good things on Halkett but not seen anything myself to form a fair opinion. O'Ware was an easier option because he scores against us every time :angry: although I do know Halkett netted against us too.

I've seen more of Halkett. Watched our 4 games against Livvi plus them via United and Dunfermline (twice ) Very solid. Not flashy.  Saw less of Oware as I missed the last 2 Morton games  (1 away, 1 at home). Big physical presence. 

Edited by St.Ricky

11 hours ago, Taylor Edgar said:

Scott fraser is leaving dundee utd at the end of the month would be a decent signing

Been impressed with Fraser a bit 1 footed, but talented and looks dangerous, but I'm sure I'd heard he was heading to Hibs? Might be making that up.

57 minutes ago, Saint Garf said:

Been impressed with Fraser a bit 1 footed, but talented and looks dangerous, but I'm sure I'd heard he was heading to Hibs? Might be making that up.

Thought I heard it was Hearts he was off to. Certainly seems to have something lined up.

40 minutes ago, elvis said:

Well 1 is Paul McGinn no idea who the other is. 

Yeah, word is McGinn is the one arriving tomorrow. I'm happy with McGinn, but I doubt we'd be unveiling any really impressive signings while we have no manager (which we effectively don't - there's certainly no way Jack Ross has been making any overtures to players on our behalf for the past couple of weeks.)

Hearts have just signed an Australian left back.

Could this open the door for Liam Smith to sign....

For Sunderland?<_<

ETA - ignore me. I'm talking pish. Liam, of course, is a right back....

Edited by Drew

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Yeah, word is McGinn is the one arriving tomorrow. I'm happy with McGinn, but I doubt we'd be unveiling any really impressive signings while we have no manager (which we effectively don't - there's certainly no way Jack Ross has been making any overtures to players on our behalf for the past couple of weeks.)

Magic. I think the identifying of players was done some time ago and Tony is the man to bring them on board.  We will have a decent / good / great manager in place soon. JR is  not irreplaceable despite the great job he has done.  New times,  new challenges,  good opportunity to plot the next stage and get the right man in.  So.. I hope that we will be successful with our main targets but also that the new man has space to put his own stamp on things. 

18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Magic. I think the identifying of players was done some time ago and Tony is the man to bring them on board.  We will have a decent / good / great manager in place soon. JR is  not irreplaceable despite the great job he has done.  New times,  new challenges,  good opportunity to plot the next stage and get the right man in.  So.. I hope that we will be successful with our main targets but also that the new man has space to put his own stamp on things. 

Yeah, I'm not that down about Jack Ross leaving, specifically, it's more who the replacement will be. I've been confident since Barnsley that he wouldn't be our manager next season.

It's a bit like the Danny Lennon debate - most agree that it was the right time for him to go, but not if the replacement was going to be Tommy Craig. I'm comfortable with jack moving on, and on balance I'd be happy with Neilson, but there are nagging doubts. 

1 minute ago, Magic Monkey said:

Yeah, I'm not that down about Jack Ross leaving, specifically, it's more who the replacement will be. I've been confident since Barnsley that he wouldn't be our manager next season.

It's a bit like the Danny Lennon debate - most agree that it was the right time for him to go, but not if the replacement was going to be Tommy Craig. I'm comfortable with jack moving on, and on balance I'd be happy with Neilson, but there are nagging doubts. 

I'll get behind whoever the board decide.  Heart.  Jim Goodwin Head Between McIntyre and Nielsen if Hopkin is ruled out because of his assistant.