Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

9 hours ago, Transfer news said:

If this does happen we could replace him with none other than Conor Newton because he has just been released by Hartlepool.

Why would he be released by a team so far down the English leagues if he was any good ?  

25 minutes ago, renfrew said:

Why would he be released by a team so far down the English leagues if he was any good ?  

I think we can get the best out of Connor. I would love to have him back. Good technically and a wee bit of an edge about him. Wouldn't get bullied. 

1 hour ago, magnus said:

I think we can get the best out of Connor. I would love to have him back. Good technically and a wee bit of an edge about him. Wouldn't get bullied. 

Why would you think that saints can get the best out of him that nobody in all his other clubs have been able to do ? 

1 minute ago, renfrew said:

Why would you think that saints can get the best out of him that nobody in all his other clubs have been able to do ? 

I think some players just click at certain clubs. Imrie at Hamilton for example. Harkins at Dundee. I get that feeling about Connor and Saints. No science just a hunch.

7 minutes ago, magnus said:

I think some players just click at certain clubs. Imrie at Hamilton for example. Harkins at Dundee. I get that feeling about Connor and Saints. No science just a hunch.

Fair due but my memory tells be he wasn't very good the 2nd time he played for us.

12 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Think Gary Warren would be a good signing.Solid Centre Back who has been told he may have to leave ICT due to their financial situation.

Now that's a CH that IMO would be a decent signing.

On 5/26/2018 at 11:04 PM, renfrew said:

Fair due but my memory tells be he wasn't very good the 2nd time he played for us.

Barring a couple of games and one massive goal I actually wasn't that impressed with him and thought he was massively overrated by our fans.

Dummet was always the far better of the two Newcastle lads.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

3 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Jim McAlister wanting a premiership club after leaving Blackpool. Know Jim he keeps himself super fit and does not drink. At 32 he still has age on his side. Would like to see us give him a trial.  

I'm not convinced that his name is definitely Jim. 

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 9:33 AM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Barring a couple of games and one massive goal I actually wasn't that impressed with him and thought he was massively overrated by our fans.

Dummet was always the far better of the two Newcastle lads.

I always felt that Newton was the technically better footballer by a margin, however Dummett had the appetite for it more that Newton and improved more over period on loan. This might explain why their careers went in different directions as Newton didn't push on with us, and could argue in second spell he regressed although it was in a very poor side.

The latest rumour is that there will be no rumours or idle speculation, however outrageous, about signing players until at least next week when various managers return from holidays. Prior to that all speculation will be confined to the vacant managers position.

I am finding this so frustrating !

2 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

The latest rumour is that there will be no rumours or idle speculation, however outrageous, about signing players until at least next week when various managers return from holidays. Prior to that all speculation will be confined to the vacant managers position.

I am finding this so frustrating !

Long is never good and its been a long time since we heard from Gavin....

Plus transfer window doesn't open until 10th june so at the moment you can only sign out of contract players or set up fee deals for after that date.   A lot of the big signings in thge EPL although announced don't come into force until 1st July which may be due to bonuses to be paid for the season past?  Everybody else is in a sort of limbo until then.

44 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Plus transfer window doesn't open until 10th june so at the moment you can only sign out of contract players or set up fee deals for after that date.   A lot of the big signings in thge EPL although announced don't come into force until 1st July which may be due to bonuses to be paid for the season past?  Everybody else is in a sort of limbo until then.

All of which means that the JR move happened at just the right point in the season perhaps. 

52 minutes ago, magnus said:

Yep. I suspect you are right. Shame I think Gavin could make the step up.

It is the silly season at the moment, and though we are all in different places emotionally, there is plenty of time to get the train rolling. Of course the sooner it is the better (assuming we make a good decision) ...

Any update on interviews and inklings from the decision makers? Realise they won't want to say much until things are signed and sealed.. but let's pray for patience - Dear God can I have some, and quickly please...

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

BAWA Twitter reading Gavin knocked us back two weeks ago . 

He is not good enough for the Premiership in my opinion... We need to sign someone much stronger and more lethal at that level.

His best option is a top Championship team again.