Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

9 hours ago, ulysses said:

Can’t speak for Sibbald, but we were definitely in for O’Ware. Was pretty much a done deal until JR left.

He must have been the other player who was meant to sign the same time as McGinn , still if he wants to stay in the Championship shows his ambition .

20 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

He must have been the other player who was meant to sign the same time as McGinn , still if he wants to stay in the Championship shows his ambition .

Surely Linwood,  it's reasonable for the guy to want to wait until he finds out who the new manager was.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Surely Linwood,  it's reasonable for the guy to want to wait until he finds out who the new manager was.

He has signed for a team in the same league as he currently plays , we could have been offering him the chance to play in the top league .So nothing to do with whoever the manager is  as you wrote its about testing himself against better teams , ie the ambition part.

2 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

He has signed for a team in the same league as he currently plays , we could have been offering him the chance to play in the top league .So nothing to do with whoever the manager is  as you wrote its about testing himself against better teams , ie the ambition part.

I get what you are saying Linwood. All I am suggesting is that players need to feel secure,  that the manager wants them and that they get the longest contract tbey can. 

12 hours ago, ulysses said:

Can’t speak for Sibbald, but we were definitely in for O’Ware. Was pretty much a done deal until JR left.

So why sign for a Championship side rather than play in the Premiership.  

38 minutes ago, pod said:

So why sign for a Championship side rather than play in the Premiership.  

Pod.  I get the argument that this might show a lack of ambition.  But... we don't know the personal terms involved. Players also like to work with managers who chose them to play to their strengths. Certainty in an uncertain profession must also be attractive. 

25 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

More money???

My point exactly ---- "we don't know the personal terms involved."

I recall a then Rangers defender being sought by Motherwell with the line that he would play every week.

His reply was that it might come as a surprise to the interviewer but he was a professional football player - he went where the money was.

On 6/3/2018 at 2:56 PM, RossCSmfc said:

JR has recommended we sign Truro City goalkeeper Tom McHale according to the papers. 

The standard of National League South is way off the SPL, but then we are talking about an individual here. I haven't seen any Truro matches this season so I've got no idea how good he is but it would definitely be a major step up for him from what I have seen of Truro in the past.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I recall a then Rangers defender being sought by Motherwell with the line that he would play every week.

His reply was that it might come as a surprise to the interviewer but he was a professional football player - he went where the money was.

I recall a then fanny that would make many pointless threads and never really got the fact we didn’t Sign O’Ware 

it might come as a surprise to some but this fanny was in fact a f**king mutant 

Edited by ReturnOf isma is god

3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Thought it was more money or is it because Jacks no there anymore. :huh:

33 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Spoken with Jim McAlister today told me he is fully fit that his agent will contact Saints when the new manager is appointed.  Told me St Johnstone are interested  but he would like to come to us if we want him as he has a house in Paisley. 

No thanks.