Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 hours ago, aldo_j said:

No thanks.

So you know him how he plays ? Will leave it up to the manager ( IF) he gets a trial. What I do know is he does not drink, smoke runs 15 miles each day and is as fit as a fiddle. Is he good enough ? Don't know that ether , not the most gifted talents but he works his cotton socks off in a cammy Smith way. 

Based on what? 

I don't think for a minute we'll sign or even entertain McAllister. 

I certainly can't see how we're staring relegation in the face but then I am fully aware you had us scrambling about the bottom 3 in the Championship last season, even after a few matches.

5 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

So you know him how he plays ? Will leave it up to the manager ( IF) he gets a trial. What I do know is he does not drink, smoke runs 15 miles each day and is as fit as a fiddle. Is he good enough ? Don't know that ether , not the most gifted talents but he works his cotton socks off in a cammy Smith way. 

Good luck to him. He clearly wants to be local and has been playing at a decent level so if the manager gives him a chance then I hope it works out for him.

7 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Cammy Smith is talented!

I’d say Jim’s age and the number of games played since leaving Dundee would suggest he’s Championship bound.

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

If Jim McAllister is the level of player we're looking at then it's all aboard the relegation express. 

I think it's more a case of him looking at us rather than us looking at him.

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Based on what? 

I don't think for a minute we'll sign or even entertain McAllister. 

I certainly can't see how we're staring relegation in the face but then I am fully aware you had us scrambling about the bottom 3 in the Championship last season, even after a few matches.

We are not after McAlister I spoke to him he would like to play for us as he now lives in Paisley. 

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We are not after McAlister I spoke to him he would like to play for us as he now lives in Paisley. 

I live in Paisley and would like to play for us. I'll get my agent to give the new manager a call when he's settled in. 

25 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I live in Paisley and would like to play for us. I'll get my agent to give the new manager a call when he's settled in. 

I don't live in Paisley but I will pay my own expenses and play for free as an Amateur . I feel sure that an arthritic, 72 year old is just what the club is looking for.

51 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Have you played in the Scottish premiership ? Have you played in the English championship ? Have you played in the Scottish championship ? If not tell your agent to phone Saints fives :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Cammy Smith is talented!

I’d say Jim’s age and the number of games played since leaving Dundee would suggest he’s Championship bound.

He broke his leg that's what kept him out for a while.  The fakes are interested in him but he would prefer to stay local.  

36 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Have you played in the Scottish premiership ? Have you played in the English championship ? Have you played in the Scottish championship ? If not tell your agent to phone Saints fives :rolleyes:

No, but I'm old and have dodgy knees, so I do have some things in common with McAlister. 

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

No, but I'm old and have dodgy knees, so I do have some things in common with McAlister. 

Eh ? 32 is old ? Runnng 15 miles a day with dodgy knees you think so.. He runs with a  mate of mine who does marathons. What's your problem Hendo I passed on info about a player who would like to play for us. Ffs put me up against a wall and shoot me.