Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

42 minutes ago, Chris-SM Scout said:

We have 2 scouts i think in Scotland. 2 Data analysts who watch the teams upcoming fixture wise

2 scouts in North East

3 in North West (One was Blackburn way but he left to join Birmingham City, and two in Manchester/Leeds way)

1 in Yorkshire

1 in London and South East

and last 1 covering Devon and Cornwall

and Head of Football Manager data analysis for England helps with scouting  for us  and suggesting players too

So in space of December when we went on that run and end of Jan when last scout was appointed we went on a brilliant run, we have a good team of lads and every single one is qualified in either PFSA  Level 2 or 3, IPSO Scouting or FA Level 2. not many clubs can say all their scouts are qualifed :D

Myself i cover the whole midlands (West/East and Staffordshire) i started first before other scouts last December (and i pick and choose my games went few Villa games club i support/Birmingham few times/Coventry/Walsall/Telford/Sollihull Morrs i went o each club and saw least 5 games of each club and opposition they played from Dec to May and only seen us lose twice in league. took until March/April a run of about 15 games before i seen us lose :)

I put through quite a lot over 120 players since Dec inc Andy Cook (Tranmere) Ollie Banks (Oldham) and Erhun Oztumer (Walsall) Oztumer would have been a coup as i have known about him for a few years but alas he wanted too much a week. Jack Ross tried to take him to Sunderland but he was way too late going in for him and will go to Bolton and probably do a  Gary Madine of last summer  cost them nothing and signed for Cardif for 6mil in Jan 2018.

Cook has joined Walsall, Banks (Gutted about Banks as he's quality) has signed for Tranmere their fans love him!! and Oztumer to Bolton!!

Because of all the scouts in England we are looking more towards English leagues for players and trying to find a few gems, there is some very good talent in League 2/National League and only one or two lower than that :)

So the likes of Anthony Stokes, Tony Watt/and 38 year old Kenny Miller are not on the radar, Miller is absolutely shocking can't believe someone suggested him when he was past it about 5 yrs ago :D

Jim McAllister certainly won't get a deal we have bigger fish to fry :)

Only myself Chris Gaughran, Matt Warmsley (Who's gone to Birmingham) and Martin Christie (Head of Recruitment) are in new Football Manager January 2018 update

next season Fm 2019 will have about 15 scouts in the database working for St Mirren haha

Great to see the club being proactive to find talent, in days gone by it just seemed we were reliant on dodgy agents punting their players. 

34 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Some newspaper speculation that we are interested in Halkett the Livingston centre back, who is out of contract. Good player, he would be a welcome replacement for Harry Davis if we have the chance to sign him.

Wasn't there a rumour about this before Super St. Stubbs was on board?

3 minutes ago, class of 76-77 said:

Yes that’s correct, I suspect it may have been JR who made the enquiry about him but that’s all changed now with Allan Stubbs at the helm.

He might well have his own targets.

Remains too be seen. Stubbs was a pundit on BT during the run-in so couldn't have failed to have been impressed with Halkett !

Funnily enough Dundee may be in for Junior Morais who used to play for my local team St Albans City in the National League South and went to Peterborough.  Think of the sprinter John Regis he's about that wide. Scored a couple of great goals against Carlisle in the FA Cup for St Albans.  Mind you Danny Granger was playing left back so it wasn't that difficult. :lol: 

9 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Pity, transparency. I don't think so emoji6.png

You reckon it was a piss take?

I only read the one post before it was deleted with the rest. Seems a tad elaborate (and pointless) to have been a wind up.

24 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Some goal he scored against England the other night. 

Aye, he looks a player based on that goal and a few clips I've seen of him play in other games. Certainly not lacking in touch and confidence.

12 hours ago, Drew said:

You reckon it was a piss take?

I only read the one post before it was deleted with the rest. Seems a tad elaborate (and pointless) to have been a wind up.

No chance was it a wind-up - although hopefully his bit about 15 scouts in the new Football Manager was as it'll be my job to add them!

I saw on P & B that Falkirk were being linked with Fraser Hornby, who is a forward with Everton. One Falkirk fan reckoned he was out of their reach. Only 18 but very highly rated apparently. Just wonder if the Everton connection might mean we'd be in for him. 

51 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Wondering if Stubb,s  will appoint a couple of player / assistants .

Be nice to see some movement on staff, players or backroom, before the end of the week.

Pure impatience on my part, I do recognise that it's worth the wait to get the right people at the right price - I'm just desperate to see our squad assembled in time for them to gel before the start of the season. 

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I saw on P & B that Falkirk were being linked with Fraser Hornby, who is a forward with Everton. One Falkirk fan reckoned he was out of their reach. Only 18 but very highly rated apparently. Just wonder if the Everton connection might mean we'd be in for him. 

A highly rated young striker sounds like a good fit for us. I'm sure AS is well aware of him, and others, at Everton, and will be working that angle. Just hope to see some movement soon.