Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

3 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

"Alan Stubbs, the new StMirrenmanager, has revealed that his predecessor, Jack Ross, has been helping him choose which players will be jettisoned from the club's Championship-winning squad before their top-tier campaign. (The Times, print edition)"
I think he should consider signing some players before he "jettisons" anyone from our paper-thin squad.

FFS.

Jack Ross has been doing nothing of the sort - or, at least, he's already done that by not renewing the contracts of players he himself didn't fancy at this level anyway.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Could you stop with this 'Boss' chat please, Ricky.

I'm embarrassed for you....

Nope Drew.... I have moved on JR and others are in the past.  AS aka The Boss is in the here and now.  I have nothing to be enbarrassed about. The King is dead,  long live the King is my approach and has been since I started watching the team in 1974.

5 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

"Alan Stubbs, the new St. Mirren manager, has revealed that his predecessor, Jack Ross, has been helping him choose which players will be jettisoned from the club's Championship-winning squad before their top-tier campaign. (The Times, print edition)"
I think he should consider signing some players before he "jettisons" anyone from our paper-thin squad.

I thought JR had "jettisoned" those he deemed not good enough weeks ago. :blink:

Also a week on from Stubbsy being officially unveiled as Saints new manager there's been no transfer announcements so you'd have to think he doesn't rate any of the guys JR had lined up.

Must've been a riveting phone call!

Edited by Bud the Baker

I thought JR had "jettisoned" those he deemed not good enough weeks ago. :blink:

Also a week on from Stubbsy being officially unveiled as Saints new manager there's been no transfer announcements so you'd have to think he doesn't rate any of the guys JR had lined up.

Must've been a riveting phone call!

Our first game of the season is four weeks today.

We currently have 16 contracted players (that includes Kirkpatrick and Stewart) in our 1st team "squad". 

It needs to be a busy four weeks.

2 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

We currently have 16 contracted players (that includes Kirkpatrick and Stewart) in out 1st team "squad". 

Spot on EAB.  Firstly in personally assessing the 16 you mention,  plus Reilly.  This would be normal for an incoming manager to do.  Secondly to look again at players which our previous manager had identified and make his own decisions on these and finally then to identify which positions he needs to strengthen taking these into account and then identify and secure the players he wants on contract or loaned.  Busy he will be. 

2 hours ago, jaybee said:

Humour aside here.   And this is because it's been around ten years since I was there, But when I lived in Foxbar which is very near Asda,  the store was always refered to as being ASDA Linwood  because it was built on the site of the Rootes Linwood car factory, so can I ask why you say Elderslie . or is it a local thing that I am unaware off because I don't live there anymore, or (I just thought) is there another new store in Elderslie?

The Linwood Plant was also in Elderslie . The boundry was as you leave Linwood about 50yds from the big roundabout which now has the flyover over it. I can't find the boundry map at the moment but it has been posted before . So Linwood stops around the turnoff for the Inkerman Road. .

51 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

We currently have 16 contracted players (that includes Kirkpatrick and Stewart) in our 1st team "squad". 

Preaching to the converted, like I said elsewhere back when we clinched the Championship JR said plans for next season were well underway and now it seems like last Friday was Day Zero. :blink:

Edited by Bud the Baker

7 hours ago, saintnextlifetime said:
10 hours ago, jaybee said:

Humour aside here.   And this is because it's been around ten years since I was there, But when I lived in Foxbar which is very near Asda,  the store was always refered to as being ASDA Linwood  because it was built on the site of the Rootes Linwood car factory, so can I ask why you say Elderslie . or is it a local thing that I am unaware off because I don't live there anymore, or (I just thought) is there another new store in Elderslie?

The Linwood Plant was also in Elderslie . The boundry was as you leave Linwood about 50yds from the big roundabout which now has the flyover over it. I can't find the boundry map at the moment but it has been posted before . So Linwood stops around the turnoff for the Inkerman Road. .

That's more or less as I remember (now you have pointed it out) thank you.  It's just a little confusing when some people refer to Linwood and others to Elderslie.  Thanks again

36 minutes ago, jaybee said:

That's more or less as I remember (now you have pointed it out) thank you.  It's just a little confusing when some people refer to Linwood and others to Elderslie.  Thanks again

Is this confirmed now or is it still speculation? :D

2 hours ago, John Gotti said:

Is this confirmed now or is it still speculation? :D

speculation or imagination, could be either .......... I remember attending a Christmas part at the Rootes works; it was an annual thing I think for the children of the workers and goodness knows how I cane to be there as my Father never worked there; and yet! i suppose it is  just one of those memories that stay with one.:offtopic

16 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Preaching to the converted, like I said elsewhere back when we clinched the Championship JR said plans for next season were well underway and now it seems like last Friday was Day Zero. :blink:

The two signings we have made aside, I think you are right BTB. Not a time to rush into things but a short window of opportunity. Got to have faith...and I do.

7 hours ago, jaybee said:

speculation or imagination, could be either .......... I remember attending a Christmas part at the Rootes works; it was an annual thing I think for the children of the workers and goodness knows how I cane to be there as my Father never worked there; and yet! i suppose it is  just one of those memories that stay with one.:offtopic

My Dad worked there and remember the kids Christmas parties in 60s

8 hours ago, jaybee said:

Went early 70s

Grandfather worked there

The Asda Phoenix address is Paisley!

13 hours ago, jaybee said:

I can confirm without doubt, that Christmas is an annual thing :) 

Braehead is in Renfrew (unless you mean Braehead in Glenburn, of course). You're right about Asda and the airport.

Renfrews in Paisley as well, we’re claiming it. So is Linwood, Elderslie, Johnstone, Erskine & Bishopton . We are annexing the lot of them .

But we don’t want Barrhead. [emoji57]

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Renfrews in Paisley as well, we’re claiming it. So is Linwood, Elderslie, Johnstone, Erskine & Bishopton . We are annexing the lot of them .

But we don’t want Barrhead. emoji57.png

Glasgow's welcome to that . :lol:

Edited by pod

3 hours ago, Slartibartfast said:
4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:
Yer all wrong , Asda is in Paisley , so is Braehead , so is the Airport , everybody else can gtf with their claims to our stuff.

Braehead is in Renfrew 

The main shopping centre is in Renfrewshire (as is Xscape or whatever it is called now).

The retail park (Harry Corry, Currys/PC World, Saimsbury etc) is in Glasgow,

10 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

But we don’t want Barrhead. emoji57.png

Thought it was called Burrheed ? As a young boy around 14 me and my mates used to walk to Barrhead from Glenburn to the cinema to watch horror movies on a Sunday night movies like Frankenstein , Dracula   lol.  

Edited by Isle Of Bute Saint