Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

9 minutes ago, Johnny Rep said:

FFS too many people on here with obviously feck all else in their lives, go out and do something, this is a football forum people, it I wanted gossip I just stand in the queue at Tesco and hear this drivel.

Tesco Linwood, Paisley, Renfrew or Barrhead?

Edited by FTOF

3 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Thought it was called Burrheed ? As a young boy around 14 me and my mates used to walk to Barrhead from Glenburn to the cinema to watch horror movies on a Sunday night movies like Frankenstein , Dracula   lol.  

That wasn`t the Movies , that was Barrhead Main street :death

30 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I suppose if you were feeling adventurous, you could go to Silverburn.:)

Silverburn is pish. At least Braehead has an HMV, or, as I call it, the Braehead Man Zone.

Interesting if true, that the dividing line between Renfrewshire and Glasgow runs through Krispy Kreme Donuts at Braehead. There should surely be ID checks and a checkpoint Charlie arrangement going on down there.

19 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Silverburn is pish. At least Braehead has an HMV, or, as I call it, the Braehead Man Zone.

Interesting if true, that the dividing line between Renfrewshire and Glasgow runs through Krispy Kreme Donuts at Braehead. There should surely be ID checks and a checkpoint Charlie arrangement going on down there.

Silverburn has a Tesco.

Braehead doesn't.

5 hours ago, Johnny Rep said:

FFS too many people on here with obviously feck all else in their lives, go out and do something, this is a football forum people, it I wanted gossip I just stand in the queue at Tesco and hear this drivel.

Stop talking drivel and lets hear some football. :P

‘Hear’ this drivel.

An audio version of the forum?

Oh jesus, that doesn’t bare thinking about [emoji3]

Or is this just speculation ?

1 hour ago, fan4ever said:

Who cares 

Well just to please you and since it is such an irritation that YOU had to comment; even though (I do admit) my question was way of subject, although it was born out of conflicting descriptions  in several conversations that were;  and currently still are happening,  of a well know superstore (in and around Paisley shall we say), so as not to belabor the subject and thus cause you more and more misery dear sir.  Anyway to answer your question 'who cares' which I do admit could simply be a statement rather than a question since there is no question mark following the 'cares'.  However; I choose to interpret it as a question  and since you allowed many other people to have there say before you chose to interject (which very civil of you good sir) i think you deserve an answer to your (in my opinion) question.  The answer is 34 including yourself that is how many post originate from my original question, many as stated previously were way of subject but since you asked? :whistle

21 hours ago, pozbaird said:

The border between Glasgow and Renfrewshire ran through a number of shops at Braehead when it was originally constructed, but a number of years ago, probably about 10 the line was changed and all of the Braehead development including Krispy Creme, the retail park, Sainsbury’s, Dobbies, the steam wheeler, the hotel and even the Harmony Row football pitches are now in Renfrewshire. 

22 hours ago, pozbaird said:

The planning and political background here was that Braehead was originally approved by Glasgow planning authority and they enjoyed a few years of business rates at the expense of the crumbling business shopping precinct that was Paisley High Street.

Renfrewshire Council were rightly miffed and pursued the historic boundary delineation of Renfrewshire / Glasgow as it ran through the Hillington / Braehead area and made a claim to the boundary commission, who came out on Renfrewshire's side of the argument.

Glasgow were so pi**ed off they set about using the Pollok retail centre as an argument that the south side of Glasgow required more retail and granted themselves consent for Silverburn to be this new mega-centre that would then draw on the public from the south side and those to the east of Paisley who might historically have found their way to Paisley town centre or even Braehead! :o

Meanwhile your Pension Fund which always had its funds spread across High street shops and conventional retail locations was quickly eroded as values in the High Streets / Argyle St began to react negatively to these new out of town draws........................................

Well that's my twist on the politics and retail shenanigans of the west of Scotland exposed to the public!!:wacko: