Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

42 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Rooney should be on our radar for players to bring in. 

I only saw him on the box recently but I thought he looked increasingly less fit as the season progressed , probably because he wasn't getting many starts. Certainly , if a club like Dundee U , up to their eyes in debt and struggling , are considering a bid , we should be able to offer him a deal too !

3 hours ago, truesaint said:

Arabs reportedly interested in Rooney from Aberdeen. He was mentioned on here a while ago and think he and stokes could be a good partnership. Not a fan of stokes as a person but has an eye for goal. 

Rooney is one possible, that's for sure.

On 6/17/2018 at 9:08 PM, jaybee said:

Well just to please you and since it is such an irritation that YOU had to comment; even though (I do admit) my question was way of subject, although it was born out of conflicting descriptions  in several conversations that were;  and currently still are happening,  of a well know superstore (in and around Paisley shall we say), so as not to belabor the subject and thus cause you more and more misery dear sir.  Anyway to answer your question 'who cares' which I do admit could simply be a statement rather than a question since there is no question mark following the 'cares'.  However; I choose to interpret it as a question  and since you allowed many other people to have there say before you chose to interject (which very civil of you good sir) i think you deserve an answer to your (in my opinion) question.  The answer is 34 including yourself that is how many post originate from my original question, many as stated previously were way of subject but since you asked? :whistle

Whatever oh no is it going to be deemed a ? No maybe a! Look the who cares was aimed at all the messages on linwood but I personally prefer to read messages regarding st mirren not nonsense 

Edited by fan4ever

No rumours or speculation on new players on this thread for a while, not even fake ones. Stubbs keeping his cards close to his chest or just nothing doing ?

Surely not all the new signings will come from England where apparently we need to wait for the WC to end, must be a few from clubs up here. Are we interested in Halkett and Rooney, and if so, are we talking to them ? And if not, why not ? Love to think we're working on some deals.

5 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

No rumours or speculation on new players on this thread for a while, not even fake ones. Stubbs keeping his cards close to his chest or just nothing doing ?

Surely not all the new signings will come from England where apparently we need to wait for the WC to end, must be a few from clubs up here. Are we interested in Halkett and Rooney, and if so, are we talking to them ? And if not, why not ? Love to think we're working on some deals.

I think the problem is all the ITK punters were maybe getting snippets of info from our old management team, and that source has now gone. 

Time for someone to step up to the mark and befriend Jacko. Just don't take your wife along. 

21 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think the problem is all the ITK punters were maybe getting snippets of info from our old management team, and that source has now gone. 

Time for someone to step up to the mark and befriend Jacko. Just don't take your wife along. 

Argyll Saint's record is very impressive. 

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

I’m ITK about one thing. I was chatting to GLS at the stadium when I was getting my car park pass, and he told me where he’s going on his summer holibobs this year.

I’d rather be ITK about the ten incoming players I reckon we need, but it’s better than nothing, enjoy Saltcoats GLS. :P

37 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I’m ITK about one thing. I was chatting to GLS at the stadium when I was getting my car park pass, and he told me where he’s going on his summer holibobs this year.

I’d rather be ITK about the ten incoming players I reckon we need, but it’s better than nothing, enjoy Saltcoats GLS. :P

Are you speculating that GLS could be heading to Sandylands?

7 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Other clubs are signing players right left and centre, we need to get into the market asap

Dimdee Utd are as are a few other Championship teams. As far as I can see most top clubs are not (excluding **** and Hearts). 

We have a new manager looking at our squad who have just returned to training. I would prefer we bring in the right players than a plethora of sub standard/unknown simply to satisfy impatient fans. Stubbs will have been working behind the scenes so let’s see who comes in.

Edited by nedflanders123

20 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Dimdee Utd are as are a few other Championship teams. As far as I can see most top clubs are not (excluding **** and Hearts). 

We have a new manager looking at our squad who have just returned to training. I would prefer we bring in the right players than a plethora of sub standard/unknown simply to satisfy impatient fans. Stubbs will have been working behind the scenes so let’s see who comes in.

United are hoovering up players like naeb'dy's business. They must be throwing everything at a promotion push (yet again) this season.

I really hope they bomb....yet again:booty

I agree with the above. I am sure there is work going on behind the scenes and I'll just need to get to the fact that the first time I'll hear about a new signing is on the official site when they are introduced to the public - just a different way of conducting business.
And I have no doubt we'll sign players I have never heard of before. I'd prefer that to being continually linked to some of the familiar names currently being banded about as available or talking to other clubs.

In Stubbs we trust.

2 hours ago, Drew said:

United are hoovering up players like naeb'dy's business. They must be throwing everything at a promotion push (yet again) this season.

I really hope they bomb....yet again:booty

That's because they have a chance this season now the Paisley Brazilians got promoted :P

8 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Disappointing news IMO.

Miller's 'age group' isn't an area we should be exploring. Come on Stubbsy, we should be looking to build for the future rather than signing dinosaurs. This honks of short-termism !!

Might be in the minority, but I'd take him, if he's going to be player/assistant.

That'd make it feel like less of a short-term move, at least, and he can't be a disruptive influence if he's part of the management team.

Article claims even Aberdeen are offering him a package, so he must still have plenty to offer.