Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

4 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Bid accepted for Kris Doolan, I’m hearing. Nowhere near the “six figure sum” that has been touted but likely to be announced by close of play tomorrow at the latest!

Would be very surprised if this the marquee signing. Decent record with Thistle but is getting on a bit at 31.

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

Would be very surprised if this the marquee signing. Decent record with Thistle but is getting on a bit at 31.

Adam Rooney is 30.

Doolan might not be a marquee signing, but he's got a decent scoring record in the premiership, and would bring some much needed experience to our frontline. Much more affordable too, I'd imagine.

A definite upgrade on the forwards whose services we dispensed with.

Would still need a target man though.

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

Adam Rooney is 30.

Doolan might not be a marquee signing, but he's got a decent scoring record in the premiership, and would bring some much needed experience to our frontline. Much more affordable too, I'd imagine.

A definite upgrade on the forwards whose services we dispensed with.

Would still need a target man though.

Not saying he's a bad player, just getting on a bit and I was he not used from the bench quite a lot last season ? 

Did Doolan not struggle to get in to a failing Partick team last season as well as having diminishing game time over the last couple of seasons? 

I'd be surprised if we were interested. 

Maybe some would fancy him as a decent standard squad player. 

8 minutes ago, munoz said:

Not saying he's a bad player, just getting on a bit and I was he not used from the bench quite a lot last season

Yeah. They seemed to prefer Conor Sammon instead.

Probably why they were relegated.:lol:

Think Doolan's season was disrupted by a few different injuries. Seems it was.

http://sport.bt.com/football/alan-archibald-praises-partick-thistle-striker-kris-doolan-S11364248256940

Edited by FTOF

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Yeah. They seemed to prefer Conor Sammon instead.

Probably why they were relegated.:lol:

Think Doolan's season was disrupted by a few different injuries. Seems it was.

http://sport.bt.com/football/alan-archibald-praises-partick-thistle-striker-kris-doolan-S11364248256940

I wouldn't against him signing as a squad player , but I could see us possibly using him in the same way as Thistle did. Wouldn't be best pleased about paying a fee for him though. 

Everyone who was wanting players with Scottish Premiership experience will be happy with Dolan.

I don’t like the idea of signing players as back up - Daryl Duffy last season anyone?

He might bag us 4 or 5 goals throughout the season, but it’s not a player I’d give Stewart AND money for.

5 minutes ago, linwood-bud said:

Everyone who was wanting players with Scottish Premiership experience will be happy with Dolan.

I don’t like the idea of signing players as back up - Daryl Duffy last season anyone?

He might bag us 4 or 5 goals throughout the season, but it’s not a player I’d give Stewart AND money for.

Hardly comparable , Duffy only played around 20 top flight games in Scotland ! Doolan averages better than 1 in 3 !

Doolan might be a decent signing as he has experience and is now doing a bit of coaching. He probably needs a fresh challenge.

We need a balanced squad, and bringing in Doolan to complement our young strikers does make sense. We still need a bigger target man type of player, however.

16 minutes ago, Drew said:

Doolan might be a decent signing as he has experience and is now doing a bit of coaching. He probably needs a fresh challenge.

We need a balanced squad, and bringing in Doolan to complement our young strikers does make sense. We still need a bigger target man type of player, however.

We have one

We signed him from Truro

Keep up !!

2 hours ago, RossCSmfc said:

Bid accepted for Kris Doolan, I’m hearing. Nowhere near the “six figure sum” that has been touted but likely to be announced by close of play tomorrow at the latest!

I think you should get a new source. 

13 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

We have one

We signed him from Truro

Keep up !!

He's not a target man.

He's a very mobile forward who links up well with the midfield.

Certainly not a player that you'd be lumping high balls at and hoping for flick ons etc or to get on the end of deep crosses into the box.

17 minutes ago, FTOF said:

He's not a target man.

He's a very mobile forward who links up well with the midfield.

Certainly not a player that you'd be lumping high balls at and hoping for flick ons etc or to get on the end of deep crosses into the box.

What u talking about, he is the same size as Sutton and played as a target man in his last club

Edited by DougJamie

Some close season. Tons of departures, tons of arrivals, new management, new stadium name, marquee Mbappe still to arrive, and an opening penalty shoot out win with half a team and no Magennis. World Cup, Wimbledon, Open Golf coming up, best weather since 1976.

Not too shabby.

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Some close season. Tons of departures, tons of arrivals, new management, new stadium name, marquee Mbappe still to arrive, and an opening penalty shoot out win with half a team and no Magennis. World Cup, Wimbledon, Open Golf coming up, best weather since 1976.

Not too shabby.

And Trump loves us- so its all good :wub:

4 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Not too shabby.

Time to make sure you have your season ticket if you want to make sure you get a seat in the stand of your choic. 

3 hours ago, linwood-bud said:

There'll be Doolin and Doolin don't wants

High and low, they'll shout the odds.

Easy money, for half a season,

Would be as well with, Billy Dodds!

(There's a song in there).

Edited by stlucifer

3 hours ago, billyg said:

Hardly comparable , Duffy only played around 20 top flight games in Scotland ! Doolan averages better than 1 in 3 !

I’m not comparing the 2 players.

I’m comparing how it’s being discussed that he would be a good squad player. These types of signings very rarely add anything.

Of course if Stubbs sees Doolan as the man to lead the line then I’m happy for us to make a deal happen.

Just so I'm getting this right. Folk are debating whether the third best goalscorer in Premiership history would be a good addition? 

Just for reference, Doolan is breaking Club Records with every season. He's Club Captain, He's in his testimonial season and has also joined the Youth Academy coaching staff. He took a wage reduction to stay and do his best to get us promoted, to right the wrongs of last season. He's a one club player since turning professional.

But you boys crack on, it's good reading, if nothing else!

Just so I'm getting this right. Folk are debating whether the third best goalscorer in Premiership history would be a good addition? 

Just for reference, Doolan is breaking Club Records with every season. He's Club Captain, He's in his testimonial season and has also joined the Youth Academy coaching staff. He took a wage reduction to stay and do his best to get us promoted, to right the wrongs of last season. He's a one club player since turning professional.

But you boys crack on, it's good reading, if nothing else!

Hope your right Dave.