Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Here's hoping that any prospective new signings weren't there to witness that last night. Can imagine any of them thinking , I'm not joining up to play with these doos !

Or they'll have done their homework and have already known what the club as a whole can offer to them, and that they're not short sighted enough to base their opinion of the players on one game where an experimental line up was played.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Here's hoping that any prospective new signings weren't there to witness that last night. Can imagine any of them thinking , I'm not joining up to play with these doos !

I thought wee Cammy Smith had that look on his face when he trudged off at half time.

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Get over it Billy FFS.

The game was pish, an embarrassment the worst in our entire history. The manager should be shot,stabbed, murdered, sacked. The players aren't good enough, rank rotten , out of their depth, amateurs, shit. Don't know what happened at Kilmarnock. A blip, a fluke, a draw. We'll be back down to the Championship before you can say "bring on the Morton".

It was one bad game. OK ,a very bad game, against a team we should have murdered. but we didn't.  That's just St.Mirren.  FFS , Last year we just managed to beat East Kilbride, with Morgan scoring the winner in the 92 minute (15.8.17). That's what you get with St. Mirren It's always been the same. BUT. We move on to the next game and cheer on the team. I'm sure our new manager knows what he's doing and has already condemned the performance( http://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/16361318.stubbs-steps-ups-striker-search-after-poor-display/  ). If we are going to over react to every defeat like this one, then it is indeed going to be a very long season indeed. I'm not complaining about the general moaning of a shit game, just the sheer over reaction.   COME ON THE NEW SIGNINGS.        COYS.

49 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Or they'll have done their homework and have already known what the club as a whole can offer to them, and that they're not short sighted enough to base their opinion of the players on one game where an experimental line up was played.

^^^^^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^^^^     An experimental team giving new players some match practice.

3 hours ago, Drew said:

I'm going to speculate that a couple of the new players who featured last night will be put out on loan within the next 2 - 3 weeks:zipit

If that happens it's fine, last years early signings like Buchanan, Kirkpatrick and the two Stewarts didn't play much part last season. The secret is to recognise the players who can hack it at this level and the ones who can't and act quickly. Not every signing can be a success.

Having said that, it's a bit too early to reach judgements, Heaton had a good reputation and King played well on Friday, so hopefully some have potential and just had an off night.

I see Rooney is away to Salford for the money. Pity, he'd have been a good signing.