Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

16 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

To be fair it was well documented Nelison was in the running and Neilson who withdrew from the management process.  

The reason being, it seems, that Robbie was still in his earn out from MK Dons and our salary package wasn't attractive enough. 

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Any (deluded) thoughts of Adam Rooney arriving put to bed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44877537

Apparently an increase on his wages at Aberdeen too!

Maybe this deal will instil some realism in relation to whom we're capable of signing.

6k a week wage is unbelievable for that level of football.

Its been reported on twitter that the fee was 375K :o

Edited by class of 76-77

My feeling is that sometimes signings appear imminent, and the manager wants to give fans a lift so lets something slip prematurely. I'm sure these players are still on our radar, one or two will be loan signings which the parent club is holding back on for now until they see how their own transfer business goes, while others may be permanent deals with the same issue holding it up. 

It's frustrating to have been expecting deals only for them to not materialise as soon as expected, but a bit of patience goes a long way in this game. Getting annoyed does nobody any good in the long run...

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

My feeling is that sometimes signings appear imminent, and the manager wants to give fans a lift so lets something slip prematurely. I'm sure these players are still on our radar, one or two will be loan signings which the parent club is holding back on for now until they see how their own transfer business goes, while others may be permanent deals with the same issue holding it up. 

It's frustrating to have been expecting deals only for them to not materialise as soon as expected, but a bit of patience goes a long way in this game. Getting annoyed does nobody any good in the long run...

I am sure we would have signed the lad from Celtic had Morgan and Sinclair not picked up a knock. If we genuinely are signing better quality players and need to play the waiting game then so be it.

I am sure we would have signed the lad from Celtic had Morgan and Sinclair not picked up a knock. If we genuinely are signing better quality players and need to play the waiting game then so be it.
Sinclair's injury nothing serious as he came on last night along with Johnston. It could be that the boy keeps doing so well that Rodgers keeps Johnston but punts Johnny Hayes

3 hours ago, Soctty said:

Sensible post Scott d

55 minutes ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:
2 hours ago, Ethan said:

Sinclair's injury nothing serious as he came on last night along with Johnston. It could be that the boy keeps doing so well that Rodgers keeps Johnston but punts Johnny Hayes

Johnston was signing today, injuries meant Rodgers postponed the deal for a couple of weeks.