Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

3 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

As we are all saying this team needs major investment to compete. Currently they wouldn’t beat Hamilton or Livi. They are one paces and lack a striker. I really do think that with two weeks till kick off we should have more players in by now. 

Fast Striker, sitting midfielder, fast creative mid fielder, fast winger, a fast right back, a back up goalie and big Gary back in the starting 11.

20 minutes ago, magnus said:

Fast Striker, sitting midfielder, fast creative mid fielder, fast winger, a fast right back, a back up goalie and big Gary back in the starting 11.

When he recovers from injury?

Unfortunately his injury record has had some bearing on his current standing.

I'd say we need a couple of forwards - one target man and one quick winger/attacker; another McGinn type midfielder; A centre half and a full back that can play both LB and RB.

Oh aye and none of them are allowed to be shite!:lol:

7 hours ago, zico said:

We've missed Davis, Magennis & Morgan - 3 of our best players.

If we get in the boy Johnston then he may well be the guy who can replace Morgan. Magennis is still here and Kpekawa shows real potential to replace Davis - and not be injured half the season.

I think we will be okay.

Wish we had a 20 goal striker, been a while since we had one of them!

7 hours ago, melmac said:

I think people have rose tinted specs when it comes to Morgan, as soon as he put pen to paper with the beggars he was largely missing for us and only played in fits / starts.

37 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

You should have opened your eyes then

Wish I'd put money on who would reply first.

Yerstreday Billy G wrote
  15 hours ago, billyg said:
I did post elsewhere , that I was told McKenzie cracked up last Tuesday when he wasn't included in the starting eleven , wasn't in the squad today either !
And  Ulysses  replied...

Not true mate. 

Mac is injured at the moment. Was supposed to play against Spartans but picked up an injury in training.........Just passing on what I heard from one of the players.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It just seems like it...........................

True. Otherwise he probably would be playing as first choice centre back. I would still keep him though as he is the best we have when fit and he was part of that cracking side that saved us and got us promoted.

1 hour ago, Buddie Marvelous said:

Yerstreday Billy G wrote
  15 hours ago, billyg said:
I did post elsewhere , that I was told McKenzie cracked up last Tuesday when he wasn't included in the starting eleven , wasn't in the squad today either !
And  Ulysses  replied...

Not true mate. 

Mac is injured at the moment. Was supposed to play against Spartans but picked up an injury in training.........Just passing on what I heard from one of the players.

Yes ???? And I also replied to Ulysses that his version was probably more accurate , or did you miss that ?

36 minutes ago, magnus said:

True. Otherwise he probably would be playing as first choice centre back. I would still keep him though as he is the best we have when fit and he was part of that cracking side that saved us and got us promoted.

I like MacKenzie, but I worry about his injury record, and I have a feeling that premiership forwards would prey on his lack of pace, like our current CH's.

We definitely need a premiership quality CH that can slot into our defence immediately. 

28 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I like MacKenzie, but I worry about his injury record, and I have a feeling that premiership forwards would prey on his lack of pace, like our current CH's.

We definitely need a premiership quality CH that can slot into our defence immediately. 

Kpekwa lumbering about the box and diving in for the Sunderland penalty was a painful sight.  If that's the speed this guy is going to move at we are going to need someone with the pace of Usian Bolt alongside him to cover his endless mistakes.

We badly need minimum 2 wingers and 2 strikers as we currently have no wingers at the club.

Smith and Mullen are no10s playing behind the striker they have no pace to play out wide.

Cooke looks like a downgrade from Ross Stewart and king looks like a downgrade from hippolyte.

Hope We manage to get players in this week in time for the Dundee game.

I think Stubbs was hoping to get mikey Johnstone in from Celtic last week but for Celtic to decide to wait for now.

With other premiership teams struggling in the league cup I don’t think we are alone in being behind in putting together a decent squad aswell

3 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Well he missed 22 league games last season and has been injury prone his whole career.

Do you think this is suddenly going to change?

Very decent player to have at the Club. Was given a contract by Jack. Important part of the team and dressing room. No reason to  offload him when the recruits are so poor.

2 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

We badly need minimum 2 wingers and 2 strikers as we currently have no wingers at the club.

Smith and Mullen are no10s playing behind the striker they have no pace to play out wide.

Cooke looks like a downgrade from Ross Stewart and king looks like a downgrade from hippolyte.

Hope We manage to get players in this week in time for the Dundee game.

I think Stubbs was hoping to get mikey Johnstone in from Celtic last week but for Celtic to decide to wait for now.

With other premiership teams struggling in the league cup I don’t think we are alone in being behind in putting together a decent squad aswell

Flynn is a winger. But I agree we need a couple more in