Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Just now, aldo_j said:

Would be a bit strange. Think he’s retired from football...

According to Wiki, left Clyde in June 2017 and hasn't played since. Even with our current scattergun approach to recruitment, this would be very bizarre and would lead me to the conclusion that Stubbs is actually working undercover for Morton, with the aim of destroying us. 

In fact, if we sign McMillan, feck it, I'm going to offer my services. I may be almost 50, overweight with two dodgy knees, but at least I don't have a drug problem and the kick about I had with the weans last week means I've played football more recently than that cretin. 

Jordan McMillan indeed. 

16 minutes ago, Hendo said:

In fact, if we sign McMillan, feck it, I'm going to offer my services. I may be almost 50, overweight with two dodgy knees, but at least I don't have a drug problem and the kick about I had with the weans last week means I've played football more recently than that cretin. 

Jordan McMillan indeed. 

So , no reliance on Paracetamol or Ibuprofen for the knees then?

6 minutes ago, Julian Banjos said:

Adil Nabi, one of Saturday's trialists, played a friendly for Dundee earlier in pre-season and is back training with them again today. McCann is having a very good look at him.

Might be playing against us in the first game of the season! 

Was that the big midfielder or the wee front man?

2 minutes ago, magnus said:

Was that the big midfielder or the wee front man?

The sub that got about 10 minutes.

The Dundee fans are in meltdown regarding their lack of forwards and their manager's decision making.

Sound familiar?:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

what about the manager just getting  the best out of what he,s got and work out a system that allows that , enough good players that we should be working  , should be building a team round Mullen Smith McGinn and Magennis , and developing a system that everyones comfortable with , instead of bringing in half a dozen randoms every game

40 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

what about the manager just getting  the best out of what he,s got and work out a system that allows that , enough good players that we should be working  , should be building a team round Mullen Smith McGinn and Magennis , and developing a system that everyones comfortable with , instead of bringing in half a dozen randoms every game

We also need to be careful not to write off our new players. Kellermann, Cooke and Heaton were all well thought of by their previous clubs supporters. Heaton was wanted by much bigger clubs than us and Cooke had interest in him from several league 2 clubs in England. We desperately need a bit more experience in several positions though, especially centre half, striker and cover at full back. 

49 minutes ago, Hendo said:

We also need to be careful not to write off our new players. Kellermann, Cooke and Heaton were all well thought of by their previous clubs supporters. Heaton was wanted by much bigger clubs than us and Cooke had interest in him from several league 2 clubs in England. We desperately need a bit more experience in several positions though, especially centre half, striker and cover at full back. 

Agreed. Let's hope the new guys give a few of us cause to eat our words.

If any of them get a run out tonight, I hope they do well. Meanwhile, we can only assume that the manager is doing all he can to strengthen his squad.

10 hours ago, Hendo said:

Jordan McMillan indeed. 

Welcome to St Mirren, our new South Korean signing, Hendo Fae Forum.