Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

5 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I have no doubt Connor randall is a good lad and would be a decent signing, but its goals we need first and foremost.  

Agree, though if he is actively still trying to get bodies in of good quality across the pitch then i'm happy with that if they convert into signings. Strikers are the most difficult to source imo if they are good enough. We have so many attacking options from midfield, though need a couple of 15+ goals a season striker in the door asap.

I have no doubt Connor randall is a good lad and would be a decent signing, but its goals we need first and foremost.  

ETA:  Just checked a few of the LFC twitter comments on him.... less than glowing !! 

Think the standard expected of a Liverpool player and st mirren player is slightly different

Seemingly Randall played as a RB for Hearts whilst on loan there, having been moved from midfield. Interesting, as Hearts had one of their own young right backs out on a season long loan at the time....

I read somewhere that right back is his preferred position. We definitely need cover in this area, so it would make sense in that respect.

ETA - https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/connor-randall-delighted-to-be-right-back-in-form-with-hearts-1-4670125

Edited by Drew

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Seemingly Randall played as a RB for Hearts whilst on loan there, having been moved from midfield. Interesting, as Hearts had one of their own young right backs out on a season long loan at the time....

I read somewhere that right back is his preferred position. We definitely need cover in this area, so it would make sense in that respect.

We have the cover now we need a right back

1 hour ago, Drew said:

ETA - https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/connor-randall-delighted-to-be-right-back-in-form-with-hearts-1-4670125

He is a right back - all of his 5 or 6 games for Liverpool's first team came at right back.

Interesting listening to the team on Radio Shortbread discussing the Aberdeen striker position. It seems the Dons are very light in a that area, and Rooney's departure has left them with a real problem that they struggling to resolve.

It serves as some indication as to how tough it can be to sign a decent centre forward - even for a club considerably bigger than Saints in terms of budget and pull.

16 minutes ago, Drew said:

Interesting listening to the team on Radio Shortbread discussing the Aberdeen striker position. It seems the Dons are very light in a that area, and Rooney's departure has left them with a real problem that they struggling to resolve.

It serves as some indication as to how tough it can be to sign a decent centre forward - even for a club considerably bigger than Saints in terms of budget and pull.

Dundee are in the same boat.

Although they seem to be about to loan Marcus Haber to Falkirk.

That would be too sensible. Dobbie would be hard to get from Queens but worth a shot. 

Dobbie is a bit of a Thommo situation isn’t it?

In the sense he could play at a higher level and has had offers to. But he’s a queen of the south fan and wants to play with them.

Can’t see him breaking that to come to us tbh.

Two things .

1.Did i say that ? <_> 2. So you think a striker is not our No1 priority at the moment ? default_bangin.gif

Why would signing a right back mean that signing a striker wasn’t no 1 priority? [emoji848]

You think we should just stop recruitment of all other positions until we manage to sign a suitable striker?

That would be bizarre!

Why would signing a right back mean that signing a striker wasn’t no 1 priority? [emoji848]

You think we should just stop recruitment of all other positions until we manage to sign a suitable striker?

That would be bizarre!

Again , I never said that but I think that to continue to try and convince you of that would be akin to teaching Braille to someone wearing boxing gloves .

🤫

St Mirren are reportedly working on a treble signing to bolster Alan Stubbs’ options in key areas.

The Buddies boss wants Birmingham duo Greg Stewart and Nicolia Brock-Madsen plus Manchester United youngster Matty Willock - according to The Scottish Sun.

Former Dundee striker Stewart spent last season on-loan at Aberdeen while Willock had a stint with St Johnstone.

Brock-Madsen, a Danish frontman, is believed to be available for loan having already spent time in Holland and Poland since signing for Birmingham three years ago.

44 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I'd take all three. Stewart in particular is a decent player at our level. Never really hit it off at Aberdeen last season though.

Three loan players though, reckon that's us up to our quota if we get them all. Always prefer permanent signings,think they tend to have more investment in the club.