Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

36 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Three loan players though, reckon that's us up to our quota if we get them all. Always prefer permanent signings,think they tend to have more investment in the club.

Not sure about that. Cross border loans work wholly differently from loans within the same country. 

What do we have just now? Two on loan? All though I don't think we'll get all of these players over the line, we could technically take all 3 and still get Johnson from Celtic on loan. 

Stewart is a really gifted football player, but tends to blow hot and cold. If we could get him and got the best out of him, he would be a great signing, but a lot of ifs. The other rumours sound interesting too, but we’ve learned over the last couple of weeks not to get our hopes up.

8 hours ago, Hendo said:

Three loan players though, reckon that's us up to our quota if we get them all. Always prefer permanent signings,think they tend to have more investment in the club.

If its loans from outside of scotland you can have more. What I would say though, Newton, Dummett and Isma were three quality loan signings who contributed magnificently a few years ago. 

Desperate situations require desperate measures , these guys would go a long way towards undoing the damage done by the poor business done up to now. An experienced , mobile central defender is another must !

4 minutes ago, Transfer news said:

Who has offered them to us and who are the others

The guy who started jack ross in a junior cup final when he was only 16 years old. 

He does alot of scouting work for various clubs. 

I initially thought he was 'fulla pish' until he took out his phone and showed me WhatsApp conversations he has been having with various people saved in his phone as  "Ghana Alex" and "Ghana David".  

He then showed me one of the last people he had spoken to was Tony Fitzpatrick on his call log. 

This could all still be lot of pish of course but that's the conversation I had with the guy last night. 

3 minutes ago, bud84 said:

The guy who started jack ross in a junior cup final when he was only 16 years old. 

He does alot of scouting work for various clubs. 

I initially thought he was 'fulla pish' until he took out his phone and showed me WhatsApp conversations he has been having with various people saved in his phone as  "Ghana Alex" and "Ghana David".  

He then showed me one of the last people he had spoken to was Tony Fitzpatrick on his call log. 

This could all still be lot of pish of course but that's the conversation I had with the guy last night. 

What were the conversations? Ghana join the Saints? Ghana no dae that?

4 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

What were the conversations? Ghana join the Saints? Ghana no dae that?

It was videos of players and passport photos and conversations about accommodation from the bits that I seen. 

He told me he's offered these boys to the club,  never said we were definitely signing them. 

2 minutes ago, bud84 said:

It was videos of players and passport photos and conversations about accommodation from the bits that I seen. 

He told me he's offered these boys to the club,  never said we were definitely signing them. 

S'ok, I wasn't doubting you, just making shit jokes :thumbs2

On Friday, July 20, 2018 at 12:57 PM, class of 76-77 said:

Not the kind of potential signing that would fill you with confidence.

It would appear that there is a distinct possibility that one or two possible marquee type signings have fallen through.

This is going to be a real test of Stubbs recruitment skills. Given that Hibs fans said recruitment was one of his strong points, he needs to find at least 3 or 4 signings of sufficient quality to enable us to compete at this level.

Give him time.

Don’t agree with that.

Loan players tend to have more investment in their careers than ageing permanent signings for example.

We’ve had successful young loans in the past, Charlie Adam, Graham Carey, Scott Cuthbert, Paul McGowan, Cammy Smith, Liam Smith.

Desperate situations require desperate measures , these guys would go a long way towards undoing the damage done by the poor business done up to now. An experienced , mobile central defender is another must !

The “damage” has been losing Lewis Morgan.

Minus Lewis Morgan, we had a mid table Championship squad.

Attempting to turn what was left into a decent Premiership side was always going to be a struggle.